Sunday, June 21, 2015

John Daly -- Teenage Golfer Has Inspired Me ... To Get Off My Ass And Play

Z STAFF


EXCLUSIVE

0618_john_daly_cole_hammer_gettyGolf legend John Daly tells TMZ Sports he’s rededicating himself to the sport … and it’s all because of a 15-year-old rising sensation who Big John calls “a complete inspiration.”


The up-and-comer is Cole Hammer … who captured the attention of the golf world this week when he cried before his 1st shot because he was overcome by the moment. 


“It reminds me about everything the sport has done for me,” Daly says … “and quite frankly drives me to get off my ass and play more.”


Hammer is the 3rd youngest player to ever compete in the U.S. Open — and Daly says the kid’s determination is truly inspiring.  


“He accomplished something most people will never get to after years of trying … kids everywhere are going to see this and dream. I’m proud of him.”


For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!




https://ce.ivyrc.com/john-daly-teenage-golfer-has-inspired-me-to-get-off-my-ass-and-play/