Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tyler, The Creator: Did He Just Come Out as Gay?

Questions are once again being asked about Tyler, The Creator and his sexuality.


This time, fans of the rapper are wondering whether he’s gay after songs from Tyler, The Creator’s upcoming album, “Scum F-ck Flower Boy,” leaked online late Sunday night. 



Do the following lyrics confirm rumors that this musician is gay?


On a track titled “I Ain’t Got Time,” Tyler raps that he’s “been kissing white boys since 2004.”


Later on in the album, in “Garden Shed,” the California rapper spits rhymes that appear to center on the struggle of making this public admission.


They read as follows:


Them feelings I was guardin’, heavy on my mind/All my friends lost, they couldn’t read the signs/I didn’t wanna talk and tell ’em my location, and they ain’t wanna walk.


Truth is, since a youth kid, thought it was a phase, Thought it’d be like the Frank; poof, gone, but, it’s still goin’ on.


Tyler, The Creator is yet to comment on the speculation behind his possible homosexuality.


But this is far from the only time the topic has come up.



In a 2015 Rolling Stone interview, Tyler talks about the rumors of him possibly being gay, making rather blunt comments about his sexuality.


Fans have been torn ever since about whether he was being serious or sarcastic.


“For the past two days I’ve wondered, is Tyler actually gay? I cannot emphasize how much gay humor plays a role in the atmosphere around him. It’s like a continuous loop of the “You know how I know you’re gay?” scene in The 40-Year-Old Virgin,” the article reads.


It continues:


“Never more than a few minutes pass without him saying he’s going to suck someone’s dick or him accusing someone of wanting to suck dick. At one point on the bus, he recalls sending nude photos to a group chat with his friends and no one responded.


My friends are so used to me being gay,” Tyler says. They don’t even care.


“I finally ask, Why all the gay humor?’


“Because I’m gay as fuck,” he says, without a flinch.


For real, the reporter asks?


“No, but I am in love with ’96 Leonardo DiCaprio,” he responded at the time. “I one hundred percent would go gay for ’96 Leo. Oh, and Cole Sprouse.”


There was also the time, about two years ago, when rumors surfaced of Tyler dating Kendall Jenner.


“Apparently we’re dating,” Jenner Tweeted in response, to which Tyler shot back: “Not possible, we’re both gay.”


Of course… Kendall is NOT gay. So, once again, it was difficult to tell if Tyler was joking here.




creator tweets


Going back further to 2012, this was Tyler’s statement after fellow Odd Future member and frequent collaborator Frank Ocean came out as gay:


“My Big Brother Finally Fucking Did That. Proud Of That N***a Cause I Know That S**t Is Difficult Or Whatever. Anyway. Im A Toilet.”


So there you have it.


Maybe. Possible. It’s unclear, really.


If Tyler, The Creator really is gay, more power to him.


And if he’s just using these rumors to make headlines and sell records, well… good for him as well.


That’s some brilliant marketing right there and it also shows he’s open to homosexuality, unlike other rappers who take the opposite approach and drop gay epithets throughout their songs.



ReadMore…