Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Married at First Sight Finale: Did Your Favorite Couple Stay Together?

And that’s all she wrote for another season of Married at First.


The Lifetime reality series concluded its latest examination of husbands and wives who barely know each other on Tuesday night, as many viewers tuned in to find out which twosomes would stay together…


… and which would finally realize, What the heck was I thinking marrying someone I only just met?!?




at first sight


Let’s begin our finale recap with a look Dave Flaherty and Amber Martorana, shall we?


Amber very much aware of Dave’s apprehensiveness and hesitation about the future, which, naturally, only made her even more insecure.


However, she soon realized that she spent a lot of time focusing on Dave’s feelings rather than her own. Perhaps it was time for a self-examination, you know?


Forget what Dave was thinking, she reasoned and wondered.


“What if there’s someone better for me?” Amber said. “I haven’t really stopped to think ‘What do I really want? Is this marriage right for me?’”




amber with dave


In the end, the answer was yes to this final question.


She and Dave surprisingly chose to remain together and ended their storyline looking forward to having more time to work on their union.


But what about Bobby Dodd and Danielle Bergman? Well…


We mean, do we even need to say it?


The most predictable couple on the show never fought and were totally obsessed with each other during the entire process. It was both adorable and sort of sickening to watch.


Only one thing was holding them back overall and that Danielle’s inability to tell Bobby that she loved him.




bobby/danielle


“I’ve told Danielle time and time again how much I love her,” Bobby said. “The only thing I really need to hear is Danielle say that she loves me. It’s just something I always thought I would have by now.”


Right?!?


Especially considering how smoothly the marriage has gone.


When decision day arrived, Bobby did all he could to make Danielle happy and secure, even getting down on one knee, pulling out a ring and pouring his heart out to her.


“These eight weeks have been the absolute best eight weeks of my life,” he said. “I’m just glad that I got you. Ultimately, I want you to know that I chose you.”


Did it work? Did she reply with the L Bomb?


YES!


“I feel like I got a best friend and I’m completely head over heels in love with you,” Danielle said.



Finally, we get to Tristan Thompson and Mia Balley


These two went through more than any other couple on the show, that’s for certain.


If you’ll recall, he kicked her out of the house… she threatened him with divorce … we learned that Mia was once arrested for stalking.


So it wasn’t exactly a shock that, going into decision day, both sides were apprehensive and confused about what to do.


“It’s a lot more downs than been ups,” Tristan said. “I care for her … but with everything that’s happened, we still have a lot of work to do.”



Incredibly, the two somehow chose to remain together and give their relationship another shot — on air, at least.


The finale was filmed many months ago, remember.


In September, long after shooting wrapped, Mia filed for divorce.


It’s probably for the best, don’t you think?


ReadMore…