Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Leonardo DiCaprio Pays Touching Tribute to Alan Thicke

Last night, the world learned that beloved sitcom star Alan Thicke passed away after suffering a massive heart attack while playing hockey with his son.


Thicke has been mourned by millions on social media, including many celebrities who knew the actor personally.


Of course, despite his many roles over the years, Thicke remains best known as Jason Seaver on the long-running ABC series Growing Pains – a show that also launched the career of one of Hollywood’s biggest stars.



Leonardo DiCaprio wasn’t an original member of the Growing Pains cast, but he’s often said that when he signed on in the show’s final season, at the age of 16, he was welcomed like family.


Today, the Oscar-winner posted a moving tribute to Thicke on his Facebook page:


“Alan was a devoted father, husband, friend and role model. He knew how to harness the power of the entertainment industry to be a positive influence in so many lives – including mine.



“I will be forever grateful for the opportunity I had to work with Alan early in my career. He had tremendous class, a huge heart, and he taught me and so many others the valuable lessons about humility and gratitude.


“I’ve seen him a number of times over the years and when Alan Thicke walked in the room, quite frankly, no one was cooler. I miss him already – my thoughts and prayers are with the entire Thicke family during this difficult time.”


Actor Kirk Cameron, who starred on the show as Thicke’s son, Mike Seaver, also shared come kind words about one of his first co-stars on social media:



“I spent Monday through Friday for seven important years with Alan Thicke as my ‘TV dad.’ I’m shocked and truly heartbroken today at the news of his death,” Cameron wrote on Instagram.


“Alan was a generous, kind and loving man. I am so blessed to have grown up with him. Chelsea and I send our love and prayers to his family tonight. We will cherish the memories…’sharing the laughter and love."”


Thicke is survived by three children, including his eldest son, pop singer Robin Thicke.



ReadMore…