Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Jenelle Evans Opens Up About Pill-Popping, Overdoses

In case you haven’t heard, Jenelle Evans has a new memoir out, and it is just chock full of jaw-dropping revelations about the Teen Mom 2 star.


We thought we were pretty much past the point of being shocked by Jenelle, but it turns out that her years before reality stardom were just as bonkers as everything that’s happened since.



In one of the first excerpts released to the public, we learned that Jenelle suffered heroin overdoses and nearly died on more than one occasion.


In a portion revealed earlier today, we found out that Jenelle contemplated suicide in her youth, though she admitted that her attempts were primarily “cries for help.”


Now, Jenelle’s publishers have posted yet another excerpt of Read Between The Lines: Diary of a Teenage Mom, and once again, we’re confronted with the reality that Jenelle’s backstory is even darker than we thought.


In one scary scene, Jenelle writes about an incident in 2006, in which she swallowed 24 decongestant pills after being told that large of an overdose would have a hallucinogenic effect.


“I took six pills at first, then waited,” Evans writes.



“I got a little lightheaded but nothing else… I got nothing from it, so I took six more. Where were my hallucinations? Where was my unusual insight to the universe? All I got was a queasy feeling. So, I took six more.”


She never achieved the hallucinations she was looking for – but she did get very sick.


“I knew something wasn’t right when my heart started beating really fast,” she writes in the book.


“I had some chest pains and felt really sick to my stomach. That’s when I decided to go find my mom and tell her what I had done.”


In another excerpt, Jenelle writes about multiple brushes with death while she was dating Kiefer Delp in 2008.


The couple frequently used heroin together, and the way Evans describes it, it’s a wonder she survived.



“I did a lot of heroin and weed,” she writes.


“That was all I did. Just smoked and shot up and laid around chillin.’”


She goes on to describe an incident in which she lost consciousness on a bathroom floor after shooting up.


“I had no idea how long I was out or what I did during that time,” she said.


“It was scary, not knowing. I asked Kieffer why I was lying on the f–king floor. Kieffer said I passed out.”


Obviously, Jenelle is still far from perfect, but she’s certainly come a long way since those days.


Watch Teen Mom 2 online at TV Fanatic to relive the rollercoaster that’s been Jenelle’s life.



ReadMore…