Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Kailyn Lowry Defends Having Three Baby Daddies: It Doesn"t Make Me Less of a Mom!

Kailyn Lowry is proud of the mom she’s become, and says critics’ obsession with the fact that her kids each have a different dad is unfortunate.



The Teen Mom 2 cast member loves her life, her accomplishments, and her kids of course, and any attempt to detract from that is unfounded.


Kailyn’s oldest son, Isaac Elliot Rivera, 7, was born to Lowry and her then-boyfriend, Jo Rivera, in her 16 & Pregnant days of 2010.


Then came Lincoln Marshall Marroquin, 3, with her then-husband Javi Marroquin, whom she married in 2013 and divorced last year.


Finally, Kail’s newest child, who still has yet to be named beyond “Baby Lo,” was born this summer, from her relationship with Chris Lopez.


Their relationship status is hard to pin down.


Lowry says that this is unconventional, to be sure, but “it’s hard because it’s not celebrated when there are three people, three baby dads.”



“People have a hard time understanding it. Yeah, I’m bad at relationships, but I don’t think that makes me any less of a mother.”


Lowry tells Hollywood Life that all she can do is be her best as a mom every day, and, quite frankly, everything else is noise.


And f–k that noise.


“It’s weird because nobody [among] my immediate friends and family, that’s not the first thing they think of. ‘Oh, three baby dads,"” she says.


“That’s more of a public thing, I feel like. It’s one more thing they can criticize me for. Overall, I take care of my kids.”


“I get along with Chris, I get along with Jo … I try my best to get along with Javi. That’s the best that I can do!”



It’s true that Kailyn gets so much hate relative to anything she’s actually done wrong – if you can even say failed romances are “wrong.”


Having three fathers for her three kids might not be ideal in some ways, and she’s made mistakes in how she’s handled some things.


Still, who hasn’t made mistakes, and by and large, her family seems to be thriving in its unique way … so why give Kail a hard time?


Kailyn does admit that three dads in the picture means a lot of new dynamics to balance and the challenge of everyone getting along.


Which they are! For the most part.


“Javi and Jo get along. Chris and Jo get along, so… it makes it a lot easier for me when everyone’s getting along,” Kailyn said.



“My relationship with all three of them I would say with Javi is more of a rollercoaster. I get along with Chris, I get along with Jo.”


“That’s how it works right now.”


Javi and Kailyn are both strong personalities who have butted heads often, sometimes borderline angrily. But both love their son.


In the end, we have faith that will carry the day.


As for baby dad number three, Kailyn is still figuring out “what works” for her and Chris Lopez, and that shifts like the wind blows.


The two of them just welcomed Baby Lo a few weeks prior, and as we said above, their romantic status is ever-changing and vague.


“We don’t live together right now,” Kailyn said.



“It’s hard to find a balance when he’s working and going to school, and I’m working and doing my thing with the other two boys.”


“It’s a little bit different of a dynamic than the other two, but we’re trying to figure out what works for us,” Lowry told the website.


Kail also shared that she is “done” with children … though she did say that when she divorced Javi, and look what happened.


“I’m done with baby daddies, I’m done with kids … I would like to have a girl, but I’m not going to go out of my way to try and have a girl.”


“I’m good with the three right now!”


“I wish I could say that I got better at relationships. That’s clear that’s not a thing for me. I’m learning how to co-parent the best I can.”



“Being on TV,” she says, “gives me the opportunity to look back and see what I’ve done wrong and change it for the future.”


We wish her and all three of the guys – who we hope continue to be good fathers and partners to Kailyn – only the best.


ReadMore…