Monday, October 2, 2017

Keeping Up with the Kardashians Recap: The Worst Ad Ever

On the Season 14 (yes, fourteen) premiere of Keeping Up with the Kardashians last night, Kendall Jenner took heat for that Pepsi commercial.


Meanwhile, Caitlyn dropped a bombshell, and Kim and Kourtney wondered about the newest developments in Khloe’s personal life.



As always, Keeping Up with the Kardashians Season 14 Episode 1 was filmed months ago, so we’re familiar with a lot of these events.


This is our first behind-the-scenes look, however.


If you watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians online, you weren’t introduced to Tristan Thompson for the first time last night.


You already know Khloe has been with the Cleveland Cavaliers star for awhile – and that she’s now expecting their first child.


Still, this was a re-introduction of sorts for the pair.


“It’s a much simpler life and I actually crave it,” Khloe said of the couple’s laid-back relationship. “A lot of cooking and cleaning.”


“We stay home and we watch TV,” he added. 


Kim wasn’t a big fan of Khloe changing her life for a man, telling Kourtney behind Khloe’s back that this isn’t the first time, either:


“She does put her whole life on hold for a guy.”



While this was going on, the Kendall Jenner Pepsi ad fallout was in full swing, as the model became the Internet’s target over the spot.


The incredibly tone-deaf spot (above).


Kendall was devastated by the reactions, saying, “It’s a huge company. The people I was following … Michael Jackson’s done it.”


“Britney Spears has done it. Beyoncé has done it. Pink. I trusted everyone. I trusted the teams,” she said of her decision to take part.


“But,” she concedes, “after I saw the reaction and I read what people had to say about it, I most definitely saw what went wrong.”


Kendall never specifically mentioned or explained the reasons why it went “wrong” or people hated the ad, nevertheless kept apologizing:



“I feel really bad that anyone was ever offended … This was taken such a wrong way. … I have no idea how I’m gonna bounce back from it.”


“I would never purposely hurt someone ever. … If I knew this was gonna be the outcome I would have never done something like this.”


Kim advised her to be “real and honest” about and use this as an opportunity to “grow.” Unfortunately, her dad made that more difficult.


Kendall lamented that Caitlyn told the media how the ad was misguided, saying “My dad doesn’t actually know what happened.”


“She wouldn’t know,” the 20-year-old beauty said. “She was not in the works of it and she was not behind-the-scenes with it.”


Speaking of Caitlyn, or more specifically, Caitlyn’s book, Kim was reading it and that opened up the floodgates to a lot of feelings.



Khloe spoke about her estrangement from Caitlyn, lashing out, “It’s not ’cause you’re trans. That’s not why I’m not talking you.”


“It’s because you’re a bad, mean person.”


Harsh, but we see where she comes from.


Kim suggested some deception, too: “Clearly she gave me a different book with everything edited out that she didn’t want us to see.”


She had received an advance copy of the memoir penned by the former Bruce Jenner, but apparently, the final version was quite different.


Even Kris Jenner was taken back by it.


“I never had any idea … I never would have done this to my kids … I’m always the last to know,” she said, echoing a familiar theme.



Finally, Kourt revealed that she still may want to have more children with her sometimes-estranged baby daddy, Scott Disick. 


We hope this was secretly filmed two years ago and the editors mixed up the seasons in which it aired, but sadly we doubt it.


Scott, as we know, has been drinking himself stupid for a long time now while rotating through a harem of teenage models.


Not exactly father figure material, and while he’s always displayed these tendencies … it’s surprising Kourtney would say this now.


“I feel like I would if the situation was right. But that doesn’t mean tomorrow,” she said … and really, here’s hoping there is no tomorrow.


For that hypothetical, at least.



ReadMore…