Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Demi Lovato: 19 (VERY!) Candid Confessions from Her Documentary


Demi Lovato has always been an open book.


The singer has never shied away over the years from discussing her battles with substance abuse and an eating disorder.


In the YouTube documentary "Simply Complicated," Lovato is an open… series of books?


We"re not sure how to phrase it, we just know the artist discusses absolutely everything, from her career to her drug use to her most famous relationship.


Scroll down and then all around for a look at all we learned about Lovato in this revealing film:




1. When Did She First Do Cocaine?


When did she first do cocaine

“I was 17 working on Disney Channel, and I was with a couple of friends and they introduced me to it. I was scared because my mom always told me that your heart could just burst if you do it. But I did it anyways and I loved it. I felt out of control with the coke the first time that I did it.”



2. Yes, She Once Punched a Backup Dancer in the Face


Yes she once punched a backup dancer in the face

After learning someone named Shorty outed her for using Adderall during a Camp Rock 2 tour, “I remember thinking, ‘I’m about to beat this bitch up.’ She had already boarded the plane, I just went up to her and it was like a blur.”



3. This Was a "Breaking Point"


Demi lovato thanks fans

Lovato said she slept the whole day afterward, texted her mom an apology and realized she needed major help.



4. She Entered Rehab, Got Diagnosed as Bipolar…


Demi lovato single cover

… and then fell off the wagon: “I wasn’t working my program, I wasn’t ready to get sober. I was sneaking it on planes, in bathrooms, nobody knew. I went on a bender of two months when I was using daily and there was one night where I used a bunch of coke, I popped a few Xanax bars and I started to choke a little bit and my heart started racing. I remember thinking, oh my god, I might be overdosing right now.”



5. This Was the Last Time She Drank:


Demi lovato sings purple rain

“I invited 2 random people and basically just drank with them. I got really really drunk until it was time to get on a flight and I was so drunk that I threw up in the back of the car service on the way to the airport to perform on American Idol. I felt like that was a moment in my career where I didn’t care. I just knew that I needed to be high to get through what I was going through at that point.”



6. It Was On to a Sober Living Facility


Demi lovato elle picture

She retired here every night after judging The X Factor. Said her manager in the documentary of this experience: “She’s having to do chores. She has no cell phone. She’s completely and totally submitted to the process of recovery.”


View Slideshow
ReadMore…