Thursday, January 11, 2018

Logan Paul: Actually Punished by YouTube!

Give YouTube credit:


The company has not merely talked the talk when it comes to Logan Paul…


… it has also now walked the walk.



And, as a result, this douchebag of a social media presence will soon be a lot lighter in the wallet.


In the wake of Paul’s asinine video stunt late last month, YouTube has announced two punishments for the wildly popular vlogger:


1. He’s been dropped from the YouTube Red Comedy “Foursome.”


2. Google Preferred, which is the home to the top 5% of most-viewed YouTube content, says it will no longer aggregate Paul’s multimillion-subscriber channels for advertisers.


In other words: Paul has been cut off from his top income source as it pertains to this platform.


Said a spokesperson for YouTube on Wednesday evening:


“In light of recent events, we have decided to remove Logan Paul’s channels from Google Preferred.


“Additionally, we will not feature Logan in Season 4 of Foursome and his new originals are on hold.”



YouTube received a lot of flak for its delayed response to Paul’s video scandal, waiting 11 days to address what happened.


As a result, about six million views were recorded of the controversial footage – which featured Logan zooming in on a dead body in Japan, while also cracking wise about the corpse – before it was taken down.


Two days after this stunt went viral, Logan issued a lame apology.


It made a reference to his popularity online and said:


This is a first for me. I’ve never faced criticism like this before, because I’ve never made a mistake like this before. I’m surrounded by good people and believe I make good decisions, but I’m still a human being. I can be wrong.


I didn’t do it for views. I get views. I did it because I thought I could make a positive ripple on the Internet, not cause a monsoon of negativity. That’s never the intention.


I was misguided by shock and awe, as portrayed in the video. I still am.



Paul then made another attempt at a mea culpa, posting a video (which he monetized) on January 2 and saying into the camera:


Suicide is not a joke. Depression and mental illness are not a joke. We came here with an intent to focus on the haunted aspect of the forest.


This obviously just became very real, and obviously a lot of people are going through a lot of s— in their lives…


“From the bottom of my heart, I am sorry.”


From there, Paul said he was going to reflect on life and take a break from video posting.


He’s actually lived up to that vow, but Paul’s father left the following message on Instagram today:




paul, logan


LOGAN WILL BE BACK! SUPER FANS!! BUS UPDATES! MISTAKES!! We all screw up. It’s a part of life. Do I agree with everything my boys do. NO!


Do I agree with some of the things my friends do? NO! Do they disagree with some things I do? YES!


Face it folks……. we all f-ck up at one time or another. That’s life!! What we do with those mistakes, bad judgement or whatever term you give it , is what matters.


I love my boys and I am sooo proud of them.


The YouTube star has more than 15 million subscribers on his account.


His page has not been suspended or deleted yet.


ReadMore…