Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Sarah Drew Had a Problem with Her Grey"s Anatomy Exit

Can Sarah Drew be honest for a few minutes?


Can she just go ahead and keep it real for a moment?


Okay, great. The actress really appreciates it.




As you very likely know by now, Drew was let go from Grey’s Anatomy in March, about two months before the end of Season 14.


She had starred as Dr. April Kepner for years and was considered a fan favorite, which is why both Drew and millions of viewers out there felt blindsided by ABC’s decision.


While producers have not come out and said it, both Drew and Jessica Capshaw were not brought back to the series for budgetary reasons.


This is the assumption most fans have been making at least.


As for how April was written off the drama?


Her storyline wrapped up for good up when she got married to former fiance Matthew Taylor and left Seattle.



And now Drew has spoken out for the first time about whether she thinks April received a proper send-off.


“In the moment it felt rushed, to be perfectly honest,” the actress told Entertainment Tonight about her depature, adding:


“I felt like it wasn’t really earned because we just didn’t get enough time. We [had] like a scene together that whole season and hadn’t seen each other for four years before that.


“I would’ve liked to have actually grown their relationship to a point where it felt earned for them to get married.”


That’s a very fair point.


It’s reasonable to wonder how far in advance ABC made the choice not to bring Drew back for Season 15.



Still, Drew wants to make it clear:


She isn’t really complaining.


She’s grateful for her time on the show and she can even see how her character’s closing arc made a special kind of sense.


“In hindsight, I think there is something beautifully redemptive that goes along with April’s return to faith and rebirth,” she told ET, continuing as follows:


“The person that she hurt the most in her life was the man she left at the altar, and the redemption story comes full circle in the reconciliation between the two of them.


Even in the darkest and the most painful of relationship experiences, there can still be healing and hope and love and joy, so there was something about that that I could totally get behind.


“I just wish we’d had a little more time to play it out.



Finally, while Drew has moved on (she’s currently starring in a movie called Indivisble), she isn’t bitter toward producers or anything.


Heck, she’d likely make a return to Grey’s Anatomy if the opportunity ever presented itself.


“I’ll never say never because they are my family. I still love everyone over there,” she said when ths topic was broached, concluding:


“I love that community and I still have such an incredible space in my heart for everyone over there, but I really do feel like, because of how it went down, I really had to part ways with April.


“I just had to.


“There was no way for me to live in a space of possibility of her returning and also be healthy in my letting go of all of it, so I really have said goodbye to her.”



ReadMore…