Monday, December 19, 2016

Mariah Carey: I"ve Never Heard of Ariana Grande or Demi Lovato!

Mariah Carey does not keep up to speed with who the biggest singers are on the planet.


Maybe she just does not want to admit that there is newer and better talent than her out there, or something, but her constantly saying she does not know people is getting a bit old. 



The Mariah’s World star hit up Watch What Happens Live last night and host, Andy Cohen had much to discuss with the singing sensation. 


He wanted to know whether Mariah’s pop culture knowledge had improved, or if it was the same as it was back in the 1980s. 


Basically, he wanted to know which celebrities she recognized, and which she did not. 


“I’m forgetful. How am I to know?” Carey asked at the beginning of the game. 


Cutting to the chase, Andy was quick to question whether Mariah now knows Jennifer Lopez. If you recall, Mariah famously claimed she had no idea who the heck Jenny from the block was. 



Mariah looked uncomfortable and rolled her eyes at the very thought of Lopez, while someone in the audience shouted out “No.” 


Andy then revealed that Ariana Grande was like Mariah in her early years, prompting Mariah to claim she does not follow pop music. 


“I don’t know when early in the career was… Honestly I’m not familiar, I listen to hip-hop more than I listen to pop music.”


Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry all got free passes, with Mariah throwing loads of praise Gaga’s way. 


“She came to my show, she was very sweet. She came to the Christmas show at the Beacon Theatre and we had a nice conversation… We’ve met…I enjoyed the moment.”


That solid praise was met with much more shade when Demi Lovato was brought up. 



“I don’t know her either, so I wouldn’t say anything to her,” she said.


“She should come up, introduce herself to me, say ‘Here’s my opinion, what do you think about it?’ That’s how you handle s**t.”


It sure seemed like Mariah was on a mission to roast everybody in sight. 


Addressing her relationship with Bryan Tanaka, Mariah revealed that she wanted fans to watch the show to find out what went down that brought them together. 



“’Reveal’ is such an interesting word,” Carey replied.


“I want people to watch the show because honestly, I don’t want to go into it but when something is real, and it’s a beautiful thing, you don’t want to trash it up. It is what it is.”


What do you think about all of this?


Did Mariah go to far with her shade?


Hit the comments. 



ReadMore…