Monday, February 20, 2017

Drake Slams Kanye West: WTF Is His Deal?

In the week’s leading up to Kanye West’s hospitalization for a psychiatric evaluation, the rapper behaved even more erratically than usual.



The public pinnacle of this meltdown was a bizarre onstage tirade in which Kanye attacked everyone form his Beyonce to Drake.


Not surprisingly, the rant didn’t earn Yeezy many new friends in the industry.



For the most part the other artists that Kanye slammed in the final days of his breakdown have remained silent on the subject, understandably reluctant to shoot back at a man who’s clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness.


Drake initially tried to play nice when asked about the Kanye rant in a recent radio interview:


“I think everybody has their own little things going on,” the Canadian emcee said.


“I’m not really sure what he’s referring to half the time because, in the same breath, I went from working on a project with him to him sort of, like, publicly s–ting on me and DJ Khaled for being on the radio too much.”


Despite his best efforts to play it cool, however, Drake couldn’t resist throwing some passive aggressive shade at Kanye, revealing that he really has no idea what the hell West was going on about:



“When I hear that, I just distance myself from it,” he continued. “If that’s what it is, I don’t even really understand the point you’re trying to make, but whatever it is that you’re going through, I accept it. I don’t respect it at all.”


He added:


“Me and Khaled are both just, like, good people. I’m not really sure why we’re the target of your choice that you made that night.


“But again, I accept what you’re going through.”


I accept, but I don’t understand or respect it in any way, and you’re completely wrong. – Drake, basically



You have to admire Drake’s effort to refrain from overtly talking trash while also verbally tearing Kanye a new one.


Perhaps he learned his lesson from his recent feud with Kid Cudi.


Drake was slammed for attacking the rapper while he was undergoing treatment in a mental health facility.


Not a good look for Drizzy, and clearly he’s trying not to repeat the same mistake here.



Or maybe he just doesn’t want to be on the receiving end of another Kanye rant.


Those things can be brutal.


ReadMore…