Friday, July 28, 2017

Chester Bennington"s Widow Releases Statement: My Life Is a Tragedy

Last week, the music world was shocked by the news that beloved Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington had passed away at the age of 41.


Shortly thereafter, investigators confirmed Bennington’s cause of death.



Perhaps mimicking the recent suicide of his friend Chris Cornell, Bennington had hung himself in his Los Angeles home, where his body was discovered by a housekeeper.


He died on what would have been Cornell’s 53rd birthday.


Hundreds of thousands have paid tribute to Bennington online, including many of the famous friends he made over the course of his 17-year music career. 


Today, the singer’s grief-stricken widow made her first public statement since Bennington’s passing.


Her words reflect not only her own heartbreak, but also the grief endured by those who knew Bennington best, including his six children.


“One week ago, I lost my soulmate and my children lost their hero – their Daddy,” Talinda Bennington wrote.



“We had a fairytale life and now it has turned into some sick Shakespearean tragedy.”


Talinda went on to say that she hopes her love for her children will sustain her through this incredibly difficult time.


She also reminded fans that their words of support are deeply appreciated.


“How do I move on? How do I pick up my shattered soul? The only answer I know is to raise our babies with every ounce of love I have left,” Talinda stated.


“I want to let my community and the fans worldwide know that we feel your love. We feel your loss as well. My babies are so young to have lost their daddy. And I know that all of you will help keep his memory alive.”



She concluded with a tribute to her departed husband that’s sure to leave many fans in tears.


“He was a bright, loving soul with an angel’s voice,” Talida wrote.


“And now he is pain-free singing his songs in all of our hearts. May God bless us all and help us turn to one another when we are in pain. Chester would’ve wanted us to do so. Rest In Peace, my love.”


Bennington’s family members have stated that while they appreciate the well-wishes from fans, they plan to lay the singer to rest in a private ceremony.


Our thoughts go out to Chester’s loved ones during this difficult time.



ReadMore…