Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Angelina Jolie: It"s Been Quite a Year!

We’re inching closer and closer to anniversary we never thought we’d mark:


On September 19, it will be one year since Angelina Jolie filed for divorce from Brad Pitt.



For the first few months after this shocking split, neither star spoke much to the media.


There were plenty of rumors over just what transpired between the actress and actor, with a few scathing accusations leveled at Pitt in regard to his alleged drug and alcohol use.


Fast forward to 2017, however, and Pitt and Jolie appear to be on decent enough terms.


They aren’t really speaking to each other, but they have been speaking to the press.


Talking to The Sunday Telegraph, for example, Jolie recently lamented her single status.


“Sometimes maybe it appears I am pulling it all together,” she said.


“But really I am just trying to get through my days. I don’t enjoy being single. It’s not something I wanted. There’s nothing nice about it. It’s just hard.”


And now Jolie is opening up even more as the cover subject of the latest People Magazine.



“I have had my ups and downs. I guess I am a little bit stronger,” Jolie tells People over the past several months, adding:


“We all have our difficult times, but as a mother you also have a responsibility first and foremost towards the kids.


“They are going through their formative years and everything else comes second to that.”


Jolie’s latest directorial effort, First They Killed My Father, hits Netflix on September 15.


The film is based on her friend Loung Ung’s memoir about surviving the Khmer Rouge genocide in Cambodia, which is the country from which Jolie and Pitt adopted son Maddox.


Will Angelina ever act again? Yes.


But it isn’t a priority.



“Everything will be around the children,” she says. “I haven’t worked for over a year now because they needed me home. Everything was just stopped.


“I’m really sitting and talking with them because everything affects them. Every location, every type of project, I’m going to have to adjust it to however much they can handle.”


Jolie and Pitt are still trying to finalize an official custody agreement for their six kids: Maddox, 16, Pax, 13, Zahara, 12, Shiloh, 11, Vivienne and Knox, 9.


The actress has been trying to keep them away from the spotlight, but she understands this isn’t realistic and perhaps not even desirable.


“I think they’re itching to get out in the world again,” says Jolie, concluding:


“We’ve all been a bit in lockdown and going through some things. I think it would be good to get out there and play together.”



ReadMore…