Thursday, October 12, 2017

NeNe Leakes Sobs About Rape Joke: Please Forgive Me!

NeNe Leakes has always been one of the more controversial cast members of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, and that"s because she has no filter when it comes to her mouth. 


Long story short: NeNe Leakes was performing standup comedy in Oakland on Saturday night, and she crossed the line by saying that she hoped an Uber driver raped one of the women in the audience. 



"I ain"t even gonna tell you about the goddamn Uber driver. I hope he rape yo" ass tonight when he take you home, bitch," she yelled. Instead of laughing, the audience erupted and turned against the outspoken reality TV star.


"And steal yo" funky hello kitty, bitch," she added as the crowd reacted with shock and anger at the crazy scenario. 


Simply put, NeNe should stick to having the Bravo cameras on her, because her stint on the stage was anything but entertaining. The only funny thing about it is that people legit paid money to see NeNe crack some jokes. 


When one fan recorded the whole ordeal, it went viral on the internet, and NeNe realized this was a PR nightmare for her, so she took to her social media accounts thinking she could nip it in the bud with a good old apology. 



"I truly regret and apologize for what I said from the stage in Oakland over the weekend," she began in her message. 


"Sometimes words can cut deep and hurt when you have no intentions of them doing so."


"As a woman and someone who has survived abuse, I regret the words that I used."


"I made a mistake and I should have known better. I hope people accept my deepest and sincerest apologies. I am sorry," she concluded. 


It"s always good to apologize, but fans were not buying it. People felt like she only apologized because of the crazy backlash she got in the aftermath of the video going viral. 



So, the latest stage in her apology tour was a live video in which she used tears to her advantage as she tried to stress to fans that she was really sorry. 


While the video does not give all the details, it does appear to hint that the woman who NeNe lashed out at had already tried to cause some drama and NeNe"s words were in retaliation. 


"It’s ’cause I said the wrong thing back," NeNe says to an unidentified woman in the video. 


But, the unidentified woman"s response actually made a whole lot more sense. 


"And you said it in a moment of passion! It wasn’t something that you sat in the back and that you wrote into your script: “Hey, I’m gonna go out here and call these mother f***ers racist” and do all of that, that was something that happened in an instant," the woman begins. 



"Hell, what we’re doing and what we’re dealing with at this day and age right now — racism is very real, and it’s unfortunate that it had to come out that way, but you know, it’s unfortunate to tell somebody to go kill theyself too because had you killed yourself that night, would this woman be going through that? Would they know that this is happening?" 


It"s easier to understand now that there is at least a little bit of context to the story, but NeNe stressed that she should not have reacted the way she did. 


"No because they don’t care. All they care about is what I said. I said — at the end of the day, I just want to be — I never want to cause harm to anybody else, not in that kind of way. Everybody who know me knows that I never would want that to happen," the star concludes. 



It does sound like she"s sorry, but being in the spotlight, she should have known that the joke would become a media sensation. 


She may be hating herself right now, but the RHOA producers will love all of the increased attention for the series which returns November 5. 


Watch the full video below and join us in the comments with your thoughts on it. 


Is NeNe sorry? Do you care?


 


 


Nene leakes cries about rape joke please forgive me
ReadMore…