Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Wendy Williams: I Was Groped By My "Worst Guest Ever"

Wendy Williams passed along a very personal message on television this week:


Me. Too.


The talk show host told viewers that she, too, has been the victim of sexual harassment.



Moreover, it happened live in front of her studio audience.


During Monday’s episode of her program, Williams brought up the allegations against Charlie Rose and then began to recount her own unwanted experience with an unnamed guest.


“My worst guest? I’m not going to name, but I can tell you this – it had to do with some groping.


“You all saw it, but didn’t say a word and I felt it and I didn’t say a word,” she recalled.


“My staff saw it and that guest will never be here anymore. He’s not relevant anyway.”


As mentioned above, Williams did not name this aggressive guest.


But she did drop some clues as to his identity.



He was a short comedian, she explained, who appeared on the program in either her second or third season.


While Williams assured her fans she would “feel very comfortable in pushing a man through my glass coffee table if anything gets seedy” today, that was a different time.


She had not yet established herself.


She was still new on the small screen and didn’t really know how to react in the moment, especially considering the cameras were rolling.


“I didn’t know what to do because I’m brand new on TV,” Wendy said, laughing a bit:


“Then, after the hug, he looked up at me. He goes, ‘Oh, you’re not Oprah [Winfrey].’


“I didn’t know how to take that and the whole interview was just weird and I just would never have him here again and I am two seconds away from saying his name, but it’s not worth it.”


No need, Wendy.


Astute Internet users have dug up this photo of Gilbert Gottfried from 2011:






A short comedian?


Not relevant any longer?


Has a distinct voice?


Check. Check. Check.


Inside Edition reached out to Gottfried on Tuesday and he said he didn’t recall his appearance on the show from so many years ago.


He added that he “wasn’t aware” of being banned from the program or anything of that nature.


Let’s face it, though:


There’s no reason to officially ban Gilbert Gottfried.


There’s simply no reason to have him as a talk show host any longer.



ReadMore…