Thursday, January 25, 2018

Oprah Winfrey Breaks Silence: Is She Running for President or What?!?

The Big O has finally answered The Big Question.


Following a Golden Globes acceptance speech (below) that earned her national attention and acclaim, Oprah Winfey has at least addressed the topic on everyone’s mind…



… is she running for President of the United States in 2020 or what?!?


Chatter over this possibility grew strong (like, REALLY strong) after Winfrey was presented with the Cecil B. DeMille Award back on January 7.


While accepting the honor, Oprah stood before thousands in attendance and millions watching at home and addressed topics such as race and sexism, saying at one point:


“I want all the girls watching to know a new day is on the horizon.


“And when that new day finally dawns, it will be because of a lot of magnificent women, many of whom are right here in this room tonight, and some pretty phenomenal men, fighting hard to make sure they are the leaders to take us to the time where nobody has to say ‘me too’ again…


“For too long, women have not been heard or believed if they dare speak the truth to the power of those men – but their time is up.”


It was truly stirring stuff, as you can see for yourself below:



In response to Oprah’s inspiration, the Internet blew up in the hours and days after this speech with talk that Winfrey ought to challenge Donald Trump in two years.


Trump himself even touched on the topic.


But is it actually a topic worthy of debate? Could it actually happen?


Tragically, it doesn’t sound likely.


“I’ve always felt very secure and confident with myself in knowing what I could do and what I could not,” Winfrey tells InStyle editor-in-chief Laura Brown in a new interview, adding:


“And so it’s not something that interests me. I don’t have the DNA for it.”


This makes us sad.



Oprah did acknowledge that she’s aware of the buzz out there.


Well aware of it, in fact.


“Gayle [King] – who knows me as well as I know myself practically – has been calling me regularly and texting me things, like a woman in the airport saying, ‘When’s Oprah going to run?’” she continued in this interview.


“So Gayle sends me these things, and then she’ll go, ‘I know, I know, I know! It wouldn’t be good for you – it would be good for everyone else.’


“I met with someone the other day who said that they would help me with a campaign. That’s not for me.”


The idea of an Oprah for President campaign was further fueled by media inquiries of Hollywood talent over the past couple weeks.



Director Steven Spielberg, for example, has said he would “back her” if she declared herself to be a candidate.


Meryl Streep has said she’s ready to write a donation check.


Heck, so is The Hollywood Gossip! We’d toss a few bucks Oprah’s way.


Would you?


Would you for vote for her for President? Vote below and let us know:



And the Winner is?


The Donald or The Big O? Vote on who would want as President! View Poll »





ReadMore…