Monday, June 18, 2018

Thomas Markle Breaks Silence, Teases Royal Pregnancy

The truth continues to come out, Royal Family aficionados!


First, a few days ago, Meghan Markle shared her true feelings on life as Prince Harry’s wife.


Now, in an interview with Good Morning Britain, Meghan Marke’s mysterious father has shared his true feelings regarding what transpired in the days leading up Meghan becoming Prince Harry’s wife.



That is, how does Thomas Markle feel about missing the Royal Wedding?!?


“I was very upset,” he said on Monday in a lengthy chat, adding of the occasion and his non-role in it:


“The unfortunate thing for me now is that I’m a footnote in one of the greatest moments in history rather than the dad walking her down the aisle. That really upsets me somewhat.”


Thomas, of course, was anything but a footnote in the week or so prior to May 19.


First, he was caught in a paparazzi picture scandal, forced to admit that he paid photographers to take flattering snapshots of him.


This would be frowned upon anywhere, but such an attention-seeking move could not be more of anathema to Kensington Palace.



“I thought [it] would be a nice way of improving my look, but obviously that all went to hell. I feel bad about it,” Thomas said on air of the scandal.


“I apologize for it and that’s all I can do. I can’t do much about it. That was a mistake.”


Following this mistake, Thomas actually suffered a heart attack.


He has led a private life in Mexico, very far from the spotlight, for decades… and all the stress and tension of his daughter marrying into Royalty finally got to him physically.


“I couldn’t get over the fact that that had happened,” Thomas said today of the photo scandal and subsequent outrage, explaining:


“All of that stuff was working on me. I’ve got a bit of a heart condition. This pushed me a little further to the point where I had heart palpitations… I had a heart attack.”



Markle’s life was not necessarily in danger.


But doctors did advise him to rest.


Combined with that advice and his embarrassment of the aforementioned scandal, Meghan Markle’s dad did NOT attend her wedding.


“They were disappointed,” he said of Meghan and Harry’s reaction to this news.


“Meghan cried… They both said, ‘Take care of yourself. We’re really worried about you.‘ They said the important thing is that I get better.”


In Thomas’ place, Prince Charles walked Markle down the aisle.


“I was honored. I can’t think of a better replacement than someone like Prince Charles,” Thomas now says.


“He looked very handsome and my daughter looked beautiful with him. I was jealous. I wish I had been there. I wish it’d been me, but thank god he was there and thank him for that.”



Other points of interest in this interview with Thomas Markle:


– He has not yet met Harry, but has talked to him on the phone.


– Meghan told him during maybe their third conversation about her new boyfriend that the guy indeed, was, Prince Harry.


– She said they had to refer to him as “H” to keep this secret for awhile.


– Thomas gave Harry “permission” to marry his daughter after Harry vowed to never lay a hand on Meghan.


– Is Markle lucky to have found a Prince? Of course, but…


“My daughter’s certainly a prize for him as well. He’s great. He’s an interesting guy, but my daughter’s been a princess since the day she was born.”


What a great quote.



Thomas was also asked about everyone’s favorite new gossip item?


Is Meghan Markle pregnant? If not, when will she be pregnant?!?


She’s wanted children for a long time, yes,” he said of the Duchess.


“And when she met Harry and she spoke about how much she loves him, there’s gotta be a child in the making soon.”


Yes! We knew it! We totally and completely knew it!


How exciting.



ReadMore…