Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Jax Taylor Pens Emotional Tribute to His Late Fater

In December, Jax Taylor’s father died following a cancer battle. Cancer is the actual worst, folks.


Months later, on his late father’s birthday, Jax has taken to social media to share his thoughts on his dearly departed dad.


Jax was clearly able to be emotionally honest, because you can tell that he wrote this from the heart.



Jax Taylor’s father, Ronald Cauchi, is gone but not forgotten by his son.


On Tuesday, June 12, Jax posted a tribute to his father on Instagram.


“Happy birthday to my angel in the sky,” Jax writes. “I love you so much dad and I miss you more and more each day.”


Losing a loved one can get easier over time, but … not in just a few months.


“Since you have left you have changed me in so many ways,” Jax writes.


Recent stories about Jax have made it sound like he’s really thinking about what sort of person he wants to be.


Jax then adds: “Thank you for being my father.”



There is no good time to lose a loved one.


“My new goal in life,” Jax announces. “Is to be exactly the man you are to your family.”


He makes it clear that he is not the only one who thinks that his father was a good person.


Jax continues: “Jenny and I are still getting messages from your friends on what an incredible man you are…”


He adds elipses there at the end, showing that he is pausing to find the words. This is an emotional message.


“I am so f–king proud to be your son dad,” Jax writes.


That is so sweet.



His father is going to miss on some major life milestones.


“My only wish is that you could see me and Brittany on our wedding day,” Jax laments.”And meet your grandchildren.”


Jax and Brittany Cartwright are actually engaged. Like we said, it seems like he’s really stepping up.


Jax takes comfort in one thing: “But I know you will be with me in spirit and help guide me the rest of my life.”


That is so heartwarming to read.


“I love you dad…” Jax trails off again.


Even in print, sometimes deep and powerful emotions can be difficult to express.


“Until we see each other again, keep the fireball ready and the redwing game on.”



Jax ends his post on a seemingly alarming note.


“I’ll see you soon,” he writes. “Cheers pop.”


Despite his phrasing, we absolutely do not believe that Jax is expressing the expectation that he will die any time soon.


We think that he instead means that, in comparison to the vastness of eternity, the rest of his long and hopefully happy life will seem relatively short.


This is a sweet and tender message and shows how sensitive Jax can be as a person.



Not only was Jax’s father’s birthday this week, but Father’s Day is coming up right around the corner.


You know that this holiday celebration is going to be emotionally challenging for Jax.


Perhaps even surprisingly so. When you are grieving a loved one for that first year, sometimes you don’t always anticipate which days are going to have the strongest emotional impact.


Father’s Day is not one of the subtle ones. We’re sure that he’ll be with family — including his fiancee Brittany — to see him through the day.



ReadMore…