Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Demi Lovato: Why is She STILL in the Hospital?

We have an update on the condition of Demi Lovato.


But it isn’t exactly a positive one.



Earlier in the week, multiple outlets reported that Lovato had agreed to check into a treatment facility at an undisclosed location, although the rehab stint would presumably take her far away from Los Angeles.


This was viewed as a favorable sign because it meant the singer was acknowledging that she is in dire need of professional assistance.


However, here we are… six days after Demi tragically overdosed on some unknown substance and ended up in the hospital.


And she’s still there. She’s still under the supervision of doctors.


Why is this the case?


According to TMZ, Lovato is very sick. She is running a high fever and has severe nausea and is simply not in any kind of shape to be moved at the moment.



Just how dire is the situation? Lovato is expected to survive, that’s for certain, but physicians are unable to provide a time table for when she might leave as a patient, considering her painful physical state.


Will this diminished state at least hammer home the point to Lovato that she needs to check into rehab?


Maybe not.


“We just don’t know where her head is at,” an insider tells TMZ.


As previously detailed, Lovato was found unconscious last Tuesday morning.


An assistant called 911 and, when paramedics arrived a short while later, they had to use Narcan, an antidote to an opioid overdose, in order to revive the artist.


This approach worked, of course, and the EMTs had no choice.


However, the use of such an antidote, along with the overdose itself and the question of how long Demi’s brain went without oxygen, could mean that Lovato will suffer long-term physical consequences.


We just need to wait, see and pray for the time being.



Meanwhile, Lovato’s friends are speaking out for the first time since her overdose last week.


Previously, close pal Dani Vitale asked trolls to please stop blaming her for what transpired, something folks out there were actually doing simply because Demi was out celebrating Demi’s birthday the night before she was discovered in her bed at home.


“I care about Demi just like all of you do,” Vitale wrote, expounding in a lot more detail;


“I have not said anything about this situation now because her recovery has been of the most importance. I was not with Demi when the incident happened, but I am with her now, and will continue to be because she means to the world to me just as she does to all of you.


“Like all of you, I have nothing but love in my heart for her.


“There is no need for any negativity towards the ones who care about Demi at this time. There is too much of it in this world as it is.”



Then, on Sunday, actpr Matthew Scott Montgomery, broke his silence on Lovato’s relapse via Instagram Stories Sunday.


This is what he wrote:


It’s been an incredibly difficult few days, and this year has easily been the hardest I’ve ever experienced.


I couldn’t figure out what felt weirder – posting or not posting about this.


I will miss hearing my best friend’s laugh, maybe my favorite sound in the world, in the audience for these final shows as she continues to recover.


Finally, Sirah, a rapper and member of Lovato’s inner circle, said on Instagram Stories that fans need to band together and stop pointing fingers.


Lovato just needs out support.


“I hope everyone will focus their energy into more productive things because God knows we need good energy being put forth into the world during a time like this,” she wrote, concluding:


“If I return back to the internet in the next few days as I try to continue on with my life, I hope that you guys will be able to understand that no matter what has happened this week it is important for me to live my life so I don’t also end up in the hospital [with] a mental breakdown.”


Amen.



ReadMore…