Monday, February 13, 2017

Adele on Beyonce: How the F-ck Did She Lose to Me?!?

Adele had a rather huge night on Sunday.


The singer opened the 2017 Grammys with an emotional performance of her smash hit single "Hello."


She then went on to win Record of the Year, Album of the Year and Song of the Year, defeating fellow superstar Beyonce in each category each time.


And that"s really all Adele wanted to talk about when she took the stage to accept the trophy for Album of the Year (for "25").



“I’m very humbled and I’m very grateful and gracious, but my artist of my life is Beyoncé and this album to me, the Lemonade album, was just so monumental,” Adele said, acknowledging the pregnant singer, who was sitting mere steps away from her with husband Jay Z.


Clearly wanting to remain on the good side of The Beygency, Adele continued:


“It was so monumental and so well thought-out and so beautiful and soul-baring.


"We all got to see another side to you that you don’t always let us see and we appreciate that. All us artists here adore you. You are our light!”


The mother of a four-year old named Angelo, Adele touched on how Beyonce’s music made her and those around her feel, including her African-American friends.


"It is empowering and you make them stand up for themselves and I love you," she gushed. "I always have and always will."



Adele then went backstage and talked to reporters and kept lavishing praise on Beyonce.


"I’m not going to lie, cause I was completely rooting for her – I voted for her," Adele said, after literally breaking her Grammy in half to give a piece to her close pal and industry rival.


She hilariously added:


"I felt like it was her time to win. What the f-ck does she have to do to win Album of the Year?"



Adele became the first person ever to sweep all three main Grammys categories twice.


She previously won Record of the Year, Album of the Year and Song of the Year for her second studio album, 21, in 2012.


“Grammys, I appreciate it, the Academy I love you,” she said on stage. “My manager, my husband, and my son, you’re the only reason I do it."


Amazing stuff.


Watch the Beyonce tribute below:


Adele wins album of the year gushes over beyonce
ReadMore…