Thursday, May 11, 2017

Steve Harvey to Talk Show Staff: STAY AWAY FROM ME!

Steve Harvey will be moving his surprisingly popular talk show to Los Angeles this fall.


But this doesn’t mean sunny skies are ahead for all who work on the program, at least not when they encounter their boss anywhere near the set.



A memo sent from Harvey to his employees surfaced online yesterday via Robert Feder’s Chicago media blog – and it doesn’t exactly paint the host in a positive light.


It actually makes Harvey sound like more of a diva than Mariah Carey.


Among the requests he makes of his staff members?


  • Do not come to my dressing room unless invited.

  • Do not approach me while I’m in the makeup chair unless I ask to speak with you directly.

  • Do not wait in the hallway to speak to me… make an appointment.

Sources tell Variety that this memo was sent to Harvey’s staff in Chicago prior to the start of the fifth season of his former daytime program, “Steve Harvey,” which ran for five seasons in national syndication.


Beginning in a few months, the revamped series will tape in Los Angeles at Harvey’s request, with a brand new crew.


Insider also say the messages may have been leaked by an ex- staff member, who was bitter about being let go.



Harvey is a busy and annoying man.


He also hosts Family Feud and Little Big Shots, along with a number of random pageants and awards show.


The comedian emceed something called the State Farm Neighborhood Awards late last year, for example.


He got in trouble earlier this year for slamming Asian men as ugly, while he made headlines in 2015 for announcing the wrong winner of the Miss Universe pageant.


But that debacle (which you can watch below) may have helped Harvey’s career.



He was asked to host the same pageant in 2016 and has gone viral with a few jokes about it since.


Here is a look, meanwhile, at the entirety of the memo Harvey sent to his employees:


Good morning, everyone. Welcome back.


I’d like you all to review and adhere to the following notes and rules for Season 5 of my talk show. There will be no meetings in my dressing room. No stopping by or popping in. NO ONE.


Do not come to my dressing room unless invited.


Do not open my dressing room door. IF YOU OPEN MY DOOR, EXPECT TO BE REMOVED. My security team will stop everyone from standing at my door who have the intent to see or speak to me.


I want all the ambushing to stop now. That includes TV staff. You must schedule an appointment.


I have been taken advantage of by my lenient policy in the past. This ends now. NO MORE.


Do not approach me while I’m in the makeup chair unless I ask to speak with you directly. Either knock or use the doorbell. I am seeking more free time for me throughout the day.


Do not wait in any hallway to speak to me. I hate being ambushed. Please make an appointment.


I promise you I will not entertain you in the hallway, and do not attempt to walk with me. If you’re reading this, yes, I mean you.


Everyone, do not take offense to the new way of doing business. It is for the good of my personal life and enjoyment.


Thank you all, Steve Harvey.



It is for the good of his personal life and enjoyment?


Sounds to us like Harvey basically wants to be left alone in his dressing room to engage in sexual intercourse with anyone he wants.


But that’s just our opinion.


ReadMore…