Friday, October 13, 2017

Rose McGowan: Harvey Weinstein RAPED Me! And Amazon Covered It Up!

Now that Rose McGowan has her viral voice back, the actress is using it to make a couple scathing accusations.


McGowan was actually kicked off Twitter earlier this week after she shared numerous messages calling out Hollywood for its inaction against Harvey Weinstein after the movie producer was outed for being the person she always claimed him to be:


A sexual predator.



Multiple detailed reports have alleged that Weinstein sexually harassed an endless number of women and even raped a few actresses back in the 1980s and 1990s.


McGowan, meanwhile, has gone on the offense in the wake of these allegations, referring to Ben Affleck as a liar, for example, after he pleaded ignorance over Weinstein’s notorious behavior.


After McGowan’s Twitter account was unlocked on Thursday (the company says she was given the temporary boot for sharing a private phone number), the actress celebrated by sending a series of message at people she believes covered for Weinstein …


… and by accusing the movie mogul of rape.


Addressing all of her Tweets to Jeff Bezos – the founder and CEO of Internet behemoth Amazon – McGowan wrote:


“I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was proof.”



As part of a New York Times article published last week, it was revealed McGowan was one of eight women who reached a settlement with Weinstein.


In her case, it was for $ 100,000 and it was over a 1997 encounter in a hotel room with the executive producer during the Sundance Film Festival.


The money that changed hands was “not to be construed as an admission” by Weinstein, but intended to “avoid litigation and buy peace,” according to a legal document reportedly reviewed by the aforementioned newspaper.


Continued McGowan in her Twitter explanation last night:


“I had already sold a script I wrote to your studio, it was in development…


“When I heard a Weinstein bailout was in the works I forcefully begged studio head to do the right thing. I was ignored. Deal was done. Amazon won a dirty Oscar.


“I called my attorney & sad I wanted to get my script back, but before I could, #2 @amazonstudios called me to say my show was dead…


“@jeffbezos I am calling on you to stop funding rapists, alleged pedos and sexual harassers. I love @amazon but there is rot in Hollywood.


“@jeffbezos Be the change you want to see in the world. Stand with truth. #ROSEARMY #Amazon.”




mcgowan vs. amazon


This is not a new claim by McGowan.


Any awful cynic who thinks she’s somehow just trying to take advantage of the publicity surrounding Weinstein need only to CLICK ON THIS LINK.


Last October, McGowan also Tweeted about how a Hollywood executive had raped her – and how others within the industry had helped cover it up.


Using the hashtag #WhyWomenDontReport, McGowan wrote the following one year ago:


“A (female) criminal attorney said because I’d done a sex scene in a film I would never win against the studio head.


“Because it’s been an open secret in Hollywood/media & they shamed me while adulating my rapist.”


She concluded: “It is time for some goddamned honesty in this world.”


Sadly, it wasn’t then.


But maybe it can be now.


We’re most definitely proud members of the #ROSEARMY.



ReadMore…