Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Kim Cattrall Drags Sarah Jessica Parker Over Sex and the City 3

Ding! Ding! Ding!


It is totally on between Kim Cattrall and Sarah Jessica Parker.


For real this time.



Throughout the filming of Sex and the City the HBO television show and then Sex and the City, the two mediocre movies, there had always been chatter that these two actresses did not get along very well.


Which is fine.


Not all co-stars need to be best friends forever.


But the claws have now officially come out in the wake of Parker telling Extra that plans for a third film in the franchise have officially been scrapped.


“We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story,” she told the entertainment news outlet, adding:


“It’s not just disappointing that we don’t get to tell the story and have that experience, but more so for that audience that has been so vocal in wanting another movie.”


(Note: Have they, really?!? Sex and the City 2 has a score of 16% on Rotten Tomatoes.)


Amidst talk that Cattrall was the one to squash the follow-up flick due to various production demands, the veteran actress sat down with Piers Morgan on the program “Life Stories” to address any and all diva-related chatter.



Her general response?


I’ve never been on board for Sex and the City 3… and Parker sort of sucks!


“At this very moment it’s quite extraordinary to get any kind of negative press about something that I’ve been saying for almost a year of ‘no’ that I’m demanding or a diva,” Cattrall told Morgan, adding:


“And this is really where I take to task the people from Sex and the City and specifically Sarah Jessica Parker, in that I think she could have been nicer.”


So there you have it.


After all this time, that’s the first admission from either Cattrall or Parker that they aren’t exactly on each other’s Christmas lists.


“I really think she could have been nicer,” Cattrall reiterated in her interview. “I don’t know what her issue is. I never have.” 



Cattrall went on to explain that she was approached in December about the possibility of Sex and the City 3… and that it simply never appealed to her.


“This isn’t about more money, this is not about more scenes, it’s not about any of those things,” she said.


“This is about a clear decision, an empowered decision in my life to end one chapter and start another. I’m 61. It’s now.”


Fair enough, right?


And it’s not as if Cattrall is even against a third movie. Go ahead and make it without me, she happily tells the cast and crew!


“I want them to make the movie, if that’s what they want to do,” she said.


“It’s a great part. I played it past the finish line and then some and I loved it, and another actress should play it. Maybe they could make it an African-American Samantha Jones or a Hispanic Samantha Jones?’


“I’ve moved on. This is what my 60s are about. They’re about me making decisions for me, not my career. For me.


“And that feels frickin’ fantastic.”



ReadMore…