Monday, November 13, 2017

Keeping Up with the Kardashians Recap: A Thing of Beauty

This week on Keeping Up with the Kardashians Season 14 Episode 7, it was a time for new beginnings … and some old issues.


Khloe brought home her boyfriend, Tristan Thompson, for the summer, while Kourtney tried to set some boundaries with Scott.


You can imagine how that went over.



If you watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians online, you know that Khloe and the Cleveland Cavaliers forward are getting serious.


“Tristan has always gone out of his way to make me feel at home,” she said. “And in Cleveland he’s gone above and beyond.”


“In L.A. I want to do the same for him.”


While she was stressed about whether to live at her house with him or get a place closer to UCLA, she decided she was overthinking it.


“After talking with Tristan we have come to the conclusion that I’m crazy,” she recounted. “I don’t know why I was stressing myself out.”


“We have our beautiful home in Calabasas. All Tristan really wants is to be with me and for us to enjoy our summer together.”


“That’s really all that matters.”



Proving what a sweet guy he is to have around, Thompson surprised Kardashian with a birthday party with her family and friends in L.A.


“I’ve never had a surprise party ever,” Khloé said. “We were at dinner and Tristan was so calm. He was as cool as a cucumber.”


“He’s good at surprise parties. I had no clue.”


She gushed, “Tristan is just incredible. I’ve never been this happy. I am so lucky to be with someone that is so thoughtful and so sweet.” 


Not so happy with the situation? Lord D.


“I didn’t even get invited to her birthday,” he complained to Kim and his ex, Kourtney, using the flawed argument, “I’m family!”


Knowing Kourtney was the reason he didn’t make the guest list, she tried to explain it away, but only made the situation worse.



“I didn’t want you to coming to the birthday and be photographed going in,” Kourtney said, with Scott not buying it for a second.


“Photographed going in is your concern?” Disick said. “My concern would be … to be there for your sister who I love and care about.


“For the past 10-12 years,” he went on, “[he’s] been there for through thick and thin and marriages and all these different things.”


Kourtney later came clean to Khloe about this.


“I’m a little bit caught off guard. I just said that I didn’t want to be photographed even though that’s really not what I meant,” she admitted.


“I just try to be positive. And I didn’t want to say I just didn’t want you there. So if I can’t say anything nice, I just won’t say anything at all.”


Then Kourtney opened up to him, as well …



“There’s times when I want you to come and there’s times that I don’t,” she told Disick, and he did understand, at least to a point.


“Obviously I’m not able to handle everything that well,” he said. “I don’t have the best support team. I can try to f–king be a better person.”


“It’s [just] not the simplest thing.”


Hilariously, he then joked, “When do you think were gonna get married by the way, like 40?” Kourtney then responded in kind:


“You think when I turn 40 I’m gonna go, hey I’ve been looking for this drunk guy and he has a bunch of dirty s–t stained underwear?”


He walked into that one.


Kim, meanwhile, was stressing about the launch of her KKW Beauty line, which was inspired and aided by her one and only. 



“Kanye saw the plans and it was so helpful his input,” Kim said. “He called the florist and we made that whole flower rose room last minute.”


“That was honestly like the biggest attraction,” she said. 


“It’s so exciting to do something on my own. Basically for the past almost decade my sisters and I have always had a licensing deal.” 


“Going from being a licensee to an owner is so much more responsibility. I feel like this has been what I’ve been working for for 10 years.”


Kim was uneasy about taking on such a high-profile role, as she was still easing back into the spotlight after her October 2016 robbery.


“I’ve been like slowly taking my time to come back and this is a serious, sit-down, major interview,” Kim said of interviewing the CEO.



“This isn’t … I don’t know how something like this could go. If they want to ask me crazy questions, it’s Steve Forbes,” she said.


“It’s hard for me to get back out there.”


In the end – following the re-release of new promotional images (fans thought she was wearing blackface in the originals) – it was a hit.


Kim was happy with how the launch party turned out, and the family mogul proved she isn’t ready to cede that title to Kylie just yet.


“There’s such amazing press on this launch party,” she gushes. “And I’m so happy we made so many changes so it would be perfect.”


Get it, girl.



ReadMore…