Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Mindy Kaling Gives Birth! (And We Know the Baby Name!)

Based on the Ocean’s 8 trailer, Mindy Kaling will be starring in a major blockbuster next summer.


But the hilarious actress has officially signed on to star in something even more important right this very minute:


Motherhood.



Indeed, the former The Office and The Mindy Project star ha given birth to her first child.


According to E! News, the baby was born on December 15… is a girl… and is named Katherine Kaling!


How cute, exciting and alliterative!


Back in July, Kaling surprised nearly everyone when she announced she was pregnant.


Admitting it was an “an unexpected surprise,” the star remained mum on the identity of the father and is yet to reveal his name.


She did sit down with NBC News a couple weeks later, however, and open up a bit more about the pregnancy and her future.


“It’s so unknown to me. I have a lot of control over a lot of aspects of my life, and this is one where I’m like, ‘OK, it’s out of my hands,’ which is kind of a fun feeling.”



She added at the time, in jest:


“It’s so easy to criticize parenting until you’re a parent, so one of the nice things about becoming a parent is that I’ll be able to openly criticize other parenting because I will have a child.”


And then, on a more serious note, she said:


“My mom was incredibly fierce and so devoted to us, just loved us and really wanted us to be happy no matter what we did.


“My career choice was not something that she was familiar with and she was just so supportive of that.


“And if I could give that to my child, just that open-mindedness, I’d be so happy.”



The public, meanwhile, remains fascinated by whose sperm fertilized Kaling’s egg.


It’s just fairly unusual for a very successful, mainstream, respected actress such as this to be a single mother. (No judgment at all, Mindy! You do you!)


The two most bantered-about possibilities are:


1. BJ Novak, Kaling’s co-star on The Office and long-time friend who we think dated Kaling in the past and who has remained very close to her.


2. New Jersey Senator Cory Booker, who awesomely flirted with Kaling in March and who may be the next President of the United States.


Either way, or even if it’s some random dude, we’re so very happy for Kaling!


We’ve added her to the following list of celebrities:



ReadMore…