Thursday, January 4, 2018

Mackenzie McKee Reveals Mother"s Heartbreaking Brain Cancer Diagnosis

You probably know Mackenzie McKee best for her time on Teen Mom 3, and for her subsequent wild and crazy antics.


But today, Mackenzie is in the news for a different, much more upsetting reason …



It’s because she just revealed that her mother, Angie Douthit, has been diagnosed with brain cancer.


It sounds like the family just got the news on Tuesday — that night, Mackenzie tweeted “Haven’t cried this hard in over ten years. By far the worst night of my life.”


A few hours later, she asked “all prayer warriors” to “please pray for my mom.”


“What we thought was bronchitis turned out to be 3 masses on her brain, 1 large imone in her lungs and multiple blood clots,” she explained.


“We are in shock and devastated. She has brain surgery tomorrow. I’m sick. I’m so sick and want to wake up from this nightmare.”


Yesterday, Angie did have the brain surgery, but TMZ reports that things are even worse than they previously thought.



Doctors found two more lesions in her brain, as well as multiple masses in her lungs. She’s been diagnosed with stage four brain cancer.


The family has made a GoFundMe account to help with the costs of treatment — remember, although Mackenzie was a Teen Mom, the girls from Teen Mom 3 only filmed for one season, and they never made the money the other moms did.


In the information for the fundraiser, Angie’s family explains that her tumors “cover almost the entire brain,” and the cancer “started in her lungs with several masses and spread to her brain.”


“Angie has always been the healthiest person,” she “doesn’t smoke and never did,” and she also abstains from alcohol, eats organic, and runs marathons, “so this has come as a complete shock to the family.”


In an update, it was revealed that Angie will get an MRI and a bone scan today, along with a few other tests, to determine the course of treatments.


In another heartbreaking update, Angie herself wrote that her family had given her running gear for Christmas, and “Since I can’t run right now, I challenge all of u to run for me tomorrow believing that I will soon get to run and wear my new things.”


Yesterday, Mackenzie shared a collage of photos of her mother on Instagram, calling her “the most amazing woman I know.”






“She taught me everything I know. She is the only reason I am the woman I am today. I love you Mom. I’m devastated, I’m angry, I’m shook, I can’t breathe.”


“You are everything,” she finished. “Please pray.”


In a statement she gave to Us Weekly, Mackenzie echoed the information on Angie’s GoFundMe page, saying “She is the healthiest person I know. Eats healthier than me. Always organic.”


“Doesn’t smoke, doesn’t drink, she is a school teacher so she has no money. She runs marathons and works out two to three times a day. This does not run in our family.”


“I am so sad,” she continued. “I can barely breathe. I can not lose her.”


“She did ask that I blog her whole journey and make a documentary in case something does happen we will always have that. I know God will use her to speak to others.”



Mackenzie does seem intent on documenting everything so far — her last update was a couple of hours ago on Twitter, where she wrote “Does your body ever run out of tears?”


Best wishes for her and her family as they go through this tragic ordeal.


ReadMore…