Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Mackenzie Standifer: I"m Afraid Ryan Edwards Will Relapse!

If you’re a fan of Teen Mom 2, then you’re no doubt aware of Ryan Edwards recent struggles with addiction.


Edwards hit rock bottom before an audience of millions when he passed out while driving to his own wedding, a shocking scene that was captured by MTV cameras.



Shortly after exchanging vows with Mackenzie Standifer, Edwards checked into rehab, and he’s reportedly been sober ever since.


But that doesn’t mean the early months of his marriage have been entirely smooth sailing.


On this week’s episode of TM2, Standifer opened up to a friend, revealing that in some ways, her life was easier when her husband was in rehab, as she knew that he couldn’t get acquire drugs.


When Edwards returned home, Standifer says, the fear that he might disappear on a bender became overpowering.


“When Ryan was in rehab it was easy,” she told her friend.


“I knew he couldn’t get anything. He was safe. When we came home life punched us in the face. If he wanted it he could go get it. It’s scary.” 



Mackenzie went on to reveal that Edwards’ short temper has also been a constant source of stress in her marriage:


“You can be angry, but you can’t talk to me like that,” she said.


“This is hard for me too. I knew it would be hard, but I didn’t know it would be like this. It’s stress all the time. I’m so exhausted. I’m sad and depressed and angry.”


Clearly in despair from the stress of a “honeymoon period” marred by the ravages of addiction, Mackenzie complained that marriage to Edwards has exacted a profound emotional toll.


“I didn’t know it would be like this. It’s stress all the time. I’m so exhausted. I’m sad and depressed and angry.”


Needless to say, the Ryan and Mackenzie are enduring an incredibly trying time.



However, many viewers stated on social media that their fears were somewhat allayed by a touching scene in which Edwards expressed his gratitude to Standifer for essentially saving his life:


“It’s disgusting I let myself go like that,” he told his wife.


“It’s just pathetic. I’m so glad I listened to you and got help. You’ve been very, very understanding. I couldn’t have done this without you. Is there anything I could do to help you through this?”


Clearly, Ryan and Mackenzie have a long way in getting their marriage to a place where they’re both at their happiest and healthiest.


But the good news is, it seems that they’re both willing to put in the necessary work.


Watch Teen Mom 2 online to relive the many ups and downs of the Edwards’ marriage.



ReadMore…