Thursday, May 10, 2018

Luann de Lesseps: I Think Someone Drugged Me Before My Arrest!

On Christmas Eve of last year, Countess Luann de Lesseps was arrested after allegedly trespassing in the wrong hotel room and kicking a police officer.


She says that her life has improved since her arrest, and a huge part of that has been her changed relationship with alcohol.


Now, as she speaks to Dr. Oz about exactly what she’d had to drink, she suggests that someone may have slipped drugs into her drink.



On Wednesday, Luann sat down with controversial television personality Dr. Oz to discuss what went into her system on that fateful day.


“I had rosé at lunch, with my girlfriend, we split a bottle of Whispering Angel, which is normal.”


Whispering Angel might sound like the name of a lonely smuggler’s spaceship, but it’s just a brand of one of those light pink wines that taste good.


“And then there were some people there that were fans, so they sent me more rosé.”


That was nice of them!


“So I drank more than I usually would.”


But they’re surely not to blame for events that followed.



Luann shares that she and her friend had more to drink.


They stopped, she says, for “not one martini, but two.”


At this point, we’re looking at the better part of a bottle of wine and a couple of martinis. That’s enough to get anyone buzzed, at least.


“So, by the time I get to the Colony, I was pretty sloshed and then I don’t know.”


While it’s possible for a woman Luann’s size to get drunk off of the amount of alcohol that she describes, she wonders if there was an added ingredient that made things worse.


“I almost think that somebody slipped me something, because I don’t remember a thing after that.”


Blacking out is dangerous and scary.



Dr. Oz asks: “Do you consider yourself an alcoholic?”


Luann responds with a lot of honesty.


“You know, that’s a good question. I don’t really know.”


It would be easy to just say “yes” or “no” to please viewers, but she directly explains her thinking.


“I think that I’m a self-medicator, that’s for sure.”


Self-medicating is behind a lot of substance abuse.



Luann explains exactly what was behind her overindulgence in alcohol.


“I think that I was using alcohol to numb my pain and my emotions until it didn’t work for me anymore. Until it got me into a lot of trouble.”


It was, she reveals, a huge wakeup call.


“I live in the moment. I live for today. For today, it’s just … not drinking. And I don’t really want to drink right now.”


This brought on applause fromt he audience.


“I don’t actually need it. I’m better without it. I’m so much better without it.”


Recent photos and videos of her on social media have shown her with water and diet soda.



Did someone slip something into her drink?


Luann is no inexperienced drinker (no shade), so we’d think that she’s mixed wine with martinis before.


There can be other factors — how much you’ve eaten, how much sleep you’ve gotten, and which alcohols you’re consuming — that can alter your experience with drinking for the worse.


We would certainly hope that no one decided to spike her drink, because that would be awful.


It could potentially explain what happened. But so, of course, could the alcohol and emotional distress alone.


(And we wonder if the police tested her for anything other than alcohol at the time)


We’re so glad that she is doing so much better than she was on the day when her insane arrest video was recorded.



ReadMore…