Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Brittany Burns, Fiancee of Buffalo Bills Player Tony Steward, Dies of Cancer

Buffalo Bills player Tony Steward revealed on Tuesday that his fiancee, Brittany Burns has died after battling cancer at the age of 26.



In a heartfelt Instagram post, the linebacker paid tribute to his bride-to-be, a former star on the Clemson University rowing team.


“Brittany Ann Steward! Wow BEAUTIFUL is the only way I know you. You have the biggest heart I have ever seen in my entire life.”


While Brittany may be gone from this world, “I promise you that it will live on in me, our family and every single soul you have touched.”


“You are the strongest and most loving soul to step foot in this world,” Tony wrote to his late partner, in touching fashion.


“You have been my rock, my motivation, my heart, my soulmate, my everything since the day I laid eyes on you.”


“Every single day of your life you have been a fighter and I know this because of the unbelievable family you brought me into.”


“We will all honor everything you stand for in life. I will continue to be the person that you always bring out in me.”


“Believe me when I say that I deeply love you with every ounce of everything in me. Love always, Your Fiancé #fightinglikeagirl #fightlikebritt”


According to media reports from Upstate New York, Burns was diagnosed with a rare form of ovarian cancer on December 9.


The couple got engaged in December, which they documented on social media, shortly after Burns was diagnosed with cancer.


Following Burns’ diagnosis, the adorable couple started a fundraiser called “Britt and Tony’s Fight Like a Girl Campaign.”


In an effort to help “other women who are battling ovarian cancer,” they had raised thousands of dollars by the time of her passing.


A press release from the Bills, Tony’s employer, also offered the professional football team’s condolences earlier today.


The team remembered Burns as “an active member in the community through the Buffalo Bills Women’s Association.” 


R.I.P.