Thursday, October 13, 2016

Corey Feldman: Screw You, Haters, I Am BACK!

Corey Feldman is a survivor of many things – suicidal thoughts and all – but as of late, he’s become the whipping boy for actor-made music.  


Feldman was mocked and belittled mercilessly over his live performance of Go 4 It on the TODAY Show, and returned today with an even greater message to those trying to shut him down …



About the performance, Feldman said, “We’re doing something new that hasn’t been done before. But it’s all about innovation and being an artist, and we can’t be afraid to share our art,” he commented.


“This song is for America.” 


Feldman’s return to TODAY featured the performance of Take a Stand, and was an extraordinarily successful bid in keeping the haters at bay.


His moving essay, featured on the show’s website, will easily be one of the most memorable celebrity essays of 2016. 


On the TODAY Show blog, Feldman wrote, “As an artist, I bare my heart and soul for my love of creating art. Art is, after all, a form of personal self-expression.” 



“I spread love,” he continued, “with my messages of hope for tomorrow.”


“As an artist,” he revealed, “I’ve been bullied; I’ve been picked on strictly because I spread a message of love.”  


“As an artist,” he wrote, “I take chances by creating new dances, and I risk it all while trying not ‘2’ fall.” 


“If I fail and make mistakes,” Feldman continued, “that’s when my critics have a field day.”


He then takes a shot at Feldman-hating non-celebs, calling them “commoners.”  



“However,” he said, “the most painful part is when you get it all right, and remember all the parts, yet you open your computer, and read comments that would tear a hole through any commoners’ hearts.” 


Entertainers like P!nk, Miley Cyrus, and Paris Jackson all came out in his defense after Feldman cried openly about the heartless reaction to his earlier TODAY Show performance. 


Feldman continued his essay, which spoke of being united, and wanting simply to belong. 


“As an artist, I must stand strong,” he wrote.


Corey continued, “I must keep moving forward, no matter what, baring my heart through my song.” 



“I’m no better than you,” he concluded.


“I’m not less of a man.”


“But I’m a flawed, fearless artist, presenting a band. My hope is you will see me, hear and feel me, and one day understand, that underneath the art, I’m simply a man.” 


Whether you love him or hate him, Corey absolutely has a point. 


Nobody deserves to be subjected to the type of abuse that he endured after simply sharing his music with an audience to whom he was invited to perform for.  



The TODAY Show didn’t schedule his performance in order to make a joke out of his career. He wasn’t there in order to be the 2016 laughingstock of music.


(That’s Kanye West’s job, of course.) 


Feldman is doing his damn best, and even if you aren’t into what he’s producing, shame on you for putting him down for expressing himself.  


ReadMore…