Saturday, January 28, 2017

Mischa Barton on Hospital Visit: I Was Drugged!

Mischa Barton has confirmed that she voluntarily sought professional help after some frightening events at her West Hollywood apartment. 


We reported just yesterday that The O.C. alum was taken to hospital for a mental evaluation after some erratic behavior. 



Now, the star has released a statement to People, claiming that someone spiked her drink with GHB on her birthday,


“On the evening of the 25th, I went out with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday. While having drinks, I realized that something was not right as my behavior was becoming erratic and continued to intensify over the next several hours,” Barton said in the statement. 



“I voluntarily went to get professional help, and I was informed by their staff that I had been given GHB. After an overnight stay, I am home and doing well,” the statement continued.


“I would like to extend a big thanks of gratitude to the professionals at Cedars-Sinai for their great care and professionalism. This is a lesson to all young women out there, be aware of your surroundings.”



The behavior was certainly scary. Apparently, she was saying something about her mother being a witch and even went as far as falling backward off her fence and shouting. 


“Oh my God, it’s over! I feel it, and it’s angry!”


Considering other people who attended the party were saying the star seemed fine and was having a great time at first, it would make sense that the change in mood could stem from her drink being spiked. 



These things do happen a lot, but Mischa does have a point when she states that people need to keep an eye on their surroundings. 


The latest news of Mischa attending Cedars-Sinai Medical Center certainly made it seem like the star was suffering from another breakdown. 


In 2009, the star was rushed to the medical center and kept in for four days after being placed under California’s 5150 hold. 



Thankfully, it seems like the star is much better after being released from hospital. 


What do you think about all of this? 


Sound off below!



ReadMore…