Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Lena Dunham Talks Weight Loss, Takes On Haters

Lena Dunham would really like people to stop talking about her weight loss.


But, first, Lena Dunham would like to talk about her weight loss.



Appearing as a guest today on Ellen, the actress was greeted with some very kind words from the host.


"You look fantastic. You look really good," Ellen DeGeneres told the 30-year-old TV star, adding of Dunham and some recent chatter that"s been surrounding her:


"You always look great, but I know that you got a lot of flack for losing weight, which is ridiculous."


It certainly is the case that Dunham has shed quite a few pounds.


She"s joked in the past that the Donald Trump Diet (i.e. not eating due to never-ending fear, anger and nausea) is responsible for this revamped figure, but she turned serious in her interview with Ellen.


"It"s just so crazy because I spent six years of my career being called things like "bag of milk" on the internet – "bag of milk," "baby cow," "aging cow." I just never felt self-conscious about it," Dunham said on the show.


She continued:


"I was like, "Anyone who is going to take the time to say something negative about my weight on the internet isn"t someone I was particularly keen to impress anyway." Then I had this experience of my body changing.


"Suddenly I got all these people saying, "You"re a hypocrite. I thought you were body positive. I thought you were a person who embraced body types of all sizes."


"I do. I just understand that bodies change. We live a long time. Things happen."



Slammed for her weight and then bashed for her weight loss, Dunham arrives at one conclusion in the following video:


"As a woman in Hollywood, you just can"t win."


Do you agree with her?


Watch the full interview below and then weigh in on this weight loss debate:


Lena dunham talks weight loss takes on haters
ReadMore…