Monday, April 10, 2017

Busy Philipps: My Uber Driver Tried to Kill Me!

Busy Philipps says she’s lucky to be alive.


On Sunday, the funny actress turned dead serious when detailing a horrifying experience she and husband Marc Silverstein suffered through while taking an Uber earlier that morning.



Via a series of videos on her Instagram Story, the Dawson’s Creek and Cougar Town alum tried to explain what transpired after her evening out.


“The craziest thing just happened to me. I feel like I need to share it with you,” the 37-year old said, continuing as follows:


“I said to my husband, ‘Oh, that guy was weird. Are you sure he’s not going to kill us?’


“And then from the f-cking way back [of the car], a voice is like, ‘I promise that won’t happen’ and there was just, like, a f-cking crazy, scary dude in way back of this Uber.”


Wait… what? Huh?!?


There was some random guy just sitting behind Philipps and her husband as they were being transported home?


Writing from the safety of a Lyft, the actress added:


“So, basically, I was like, ‘I will not be killed tonight!’ and I jumped out and started screaming at this freaking creepy Uber driver, and I was like:


“‘This is not happening. I will not be killed tonight!"”



As she recounted her story for followers, Philipps alternated between nervous laughter and shaking.


“I’m not trying to be alarmist or whatever, but I definitely feel like those guys were trying to murder me tonight,” she said.


“I legitimately feel that way and it was really scary.”


Husband and wife proceeded to exit the vehicle and made it home safely, Philipps assured fans.


She then brought Silverstein into the camera for his take (“It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me,” he said) on the situation, and the two eventually begin snacking on pizza at home.


Silverstein guessed that estimated Philipps said “NO!” 50 times as they continued to theorize what happened with their ride.


The writer/producer, for example, believed perhaps there happened to be two pick-ups at once and things got messed up, hence the passenger in the back.


But Philipps wasn’t buying this scenario.




Busy Philipps post


Is she going to press charges?


No.


“I don’t feel like the police would have been helpful,” Philipps said, adding that it’s not illegal to be creepy.


(That’s true; if it were, Kody Brown would have been arrested a long time ago.)


In a statement to Us Weekly, an Uber source said of this scary story and allegation:


Uber has not been informed on the incident yet, but the video has been seen by Uber and is being investigated. Uber received feedback about the trip from the couple indicating a second person was in the car, but no further safety incident was reported by Philipps or Silverstein.


A second person being in the car is in direct violation of Uber’s practices.



We should hope so!


Philipps, who is famously best friends with Michelle Williams, says she’s done with the ride-sharing company forever.


We can’t blame her.


Will you ever risk an Uber ride again?


ReadMore…