Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Mindy Kaling Breaks Pregnancy Silence; Did She Name Her Baby Daddy?

Let the speculation end and the celebration begin:


Mindy Kaling is pregnant!


This news was broken a month ago, of course, but the actress herself had not officially confirmed the blessed development until right now.



Excerpts from a Sunday TODAY interview with Willie Geist, which will air on September 10, were made public this morning, with Kaling talking openly about her knocked-up state for the first time.


The 38-year old said she’s “really excited” to become a mom, adding:


“It’s so unknown to me. I have a lot of control over a lot of aspects of my life, and this is one where I’m like, ‘OK, it’s out of my hands,’ which is kind of a fun feeling.”


Kaling does not have a steady or serious boyfriend.


She has not revealed the identity of her baby’s father, although the Internet is filled with questions and curiosity.


Could it actually be Cory Booker, the New Jersey Senator who asked Kaling out for a date in March and who is a legitimate contender for the Presidency in 2020?



Kaling isn’t saying a word.


When Geist asked if she knows what kind of parent she’ll be, the comic star responded in funny Kaling fashion.


“It’s so easy to criticize parenting until you’re a parent, so one of the nice things about becoming a parent is that I’ll be able to openly criticize other parenting because I will have a child,” she joked.


On a far more serious note, the former Office actress said her late mother, Swati Roysircar, set an incredible example.


She can only hope to follow it.


“My mom was incredibly fierce and so devoted to us, just loved us and really wanted us to be happy no matter what we did,” Kaling said.


“My career choice was not something that she was familiar with and she was just so supportive of that. And if I could give that to my child, just that open-mindedness, I’d be so happy.”



Back in 2015, Kaling spoke to Yahoo! Style about someday having kids.


She seemed extremely relaxed about the possibility, while also being very open to it.


“I think I’ve decided that unlike everything else in my life, I’m going to be fast and loose about kids,” she said, seemingly not kidding around and adding:


“I’m going to not actively plan, but if it happens, it would happen. I’m not cavalier about who I would have a kid with.


“But the thing I ask every parent that I really admire, the one comment they all have is that they wish they had kids earlier.”


We’ve never once heard a parent say that.


But whatever. You do you, Mindy!


And also: Congratulations!!!!!!



ReadMore…