Monday, October 16, 2017

Mandy Moore Fights Back Against Body-Shamers, Is Simply the Best

Mandy Moore really does not get enough love, does she?


Sure, people have lost their minds over This is Us, and that’s great, but she’s been sharing her gifts with the world for nearly two decades now, and she deserves credit for that.



Credit, respect, and seriously, just so much love.


Remember that very first song she ever released, “Candy”? Or what about her work in classic movies like A Walk to Remember and Saved?


She also played Rapunzel in Tangled, so … yes, she’s pretty much an icon.


But hey, maybe you don’t have warm, fuzzy feelings of Mandy from way back then, or maybe you’ve never been a big Disney fan.


Maybe you haven’t caught an episode of This is Us and you’re just not feeling where all the love for this lady is coming from.


That’s OK.


Just sit back, relax, and allow us to tell you this magical story of the beautiful spirit and overwhelming greatness that is Mandy Moore.



All right, so last week, our girl here was on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and she shared a few photos while she was hanging out backstage — check one out above.


She looks great, just like she always does, but many, many people felt the need to comment on her body.


Specifically, on her weight.


“You are so skinny….” one person told her in the comments. “You almost disappear when you turn to the side.”


“You don’t even look like Mandy Moore anymore,” another person wrote, along with rude hashtags like “stop being plastic” and “used to be hot.”


A few people accused her of Photoshopping the pictures, but as one follower speculated, there’s “no Photoshop,” it’s just that she’s “sickly thin.”



Several people advised her to “eat more” — a few specified that she needed to eat burgers and/or biscuits.


It was a little overwhelming, the number of people who felt comfortable being so critical about her body.


And she definitely noticed them.


After the comments started rolling in, she edited the caption of her photo, which had previously just been a couple of lines about how excited she was to be on The Tonight Show.


“And ps: I am 5’10 and a size 6,” Mandy explained. “I have NEVER photoshopped pictures. That’s not what I’m about. If you’re going to be rude about people’s bodies, go elsewhere.”


Which is amazing enough all by itself, right?



But she gave another statement during an interview with Cosmopolitan.


“I guess I shouldn’t have said anything, but I didn’t Photoshop!” she told the magazine.


“I’m not some teeny tiny person and I don’t pride myself. Look, I like to take care of myself and I try to eat healthy and I work out, but I’m a tall girl with a real body.”


“I don’t know, I’ve never been accused of that before,” she went on, obviously a little rattled by all the body-shaming comments.


“I felt like I had to jump in and say something because we don’t need to be talking about people’s bodies. Not on my Instagram at least.”


She said that perhaps it would have been best not to comment at all, “but my fans were hurt and I also just wanted to be truthful.”


And we love you so much for it, girl.



ReadMore…