Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Courtney Stodden: Broke, "Addicted to Fame," Doug Hutchison Claims

Back in May of 2015, Courtney Stodden celebrated her divorce from Doug Hutchison with a lavish party at a Las Vegas strip club.


All these months later, however, the divorce still isn’t finalized, and it seems that Courtney may be having second thoughts.



In a since-deleted Instagram post, Courtney posted a photo of the day that she controversially married Hutchison.


(She was just 16 at the time. He was 51.)


Predictably, the marriage was fraught from the very start, and it quickly deteriorated.


At one point, Courtney’s mother, Krista Keller, attempted to initiate an affair with Hutchison.


He rejected her advances, but the marriage fell apart shortly thereafter.


Now, however, Courtney claims she wants to work things out, but Hutchison has good reason to be skeptical.



Courtney captioned the pic of her wedding day with a lengthy plea for Hutchison to take her back.


“I need this man back in my life,” she wrote. “I need him to come help me.”


In an interview with the Daily Mail, Hutchison reveals that he was baffled by Courtney’s post, and the two of them haven’t communicated in several months.


“I have been left so confused and hurt. I am actually distraught by this,” Doug tells the outlet.


“I cannot understand why Courtney posted that message on social media.”


Doug says that even though he was taken aback by Courtney’s public plea for a reconcilation (the estranged husband and wife hadn’t seen each other since September) he still encouraged Stodden to visit him in Michigan, where he’s been living since the split.



“I still begged her to come to Michigan and work on our marriage, and she wouldn’t. And that spoke volumes to me.


“She is addicted to fame,” he says.


Hutchison said that he suspects their may be an ulterior motive to Courtney’s public plea for a reconciliation:


“Courtney has to be out of her apartment at the end of the month,” he claims.


“She was telling me she was considering moving in with this other man she was seeing, so I just didn’t see how we were ever going to make it work,” Doug adds.


“I said to her, ‘Darling, you are seeing other men, and going on dates, and are looking to move in with someone else. I don’t see how we can do that.’”



Hutchison says he believes Courtney is using her new boyfriend for his cash, and he cautions her current love interest to be wary of her motives.


“The thing is she doesn’t have any money, and he started paying her rent, and she really wants to stay in Hollywood,” he says.


“She has been telling me all along she feels caught in the middle and still loves me, even though we are getting divorced. She says she is not in love with him. I know that he has a great deal of money. I think she may have found her sugar daddy.”


Hutchison adds that he’s deeply concerned for Courtney’s mental health these days, and he fears that she may be headed down a dangerous path.


“I know she struggles with depression and anxiety and it’s heartbreaking to see her upset,” he tells the Mail.



“I don’t want Courtney to go down that road [that her idol Marilyn Monroe did]. I don’t want Courtney to die at 36 and succumb to Hollywood’s dark side.”


The 23-year-old has been open about her struggles with depression, and Doug says that his biggest concern these days is that her financial situation may be preventing her from receiving proper treatment.


Stodden suffered a miscarriage back in 2016, and those who know her best say it sent her on a downward spiral from which she has yet to fully recover.


Here’s hoping Courtney is able to find the help she needs.


ReadMore…