Friday, March 30, 2018

Sammi Giancola: I"m Not Doing Jersey Shore Family Vacation, It"s Toxic!!

We’ve all seen the insane trailer for Jersey Shore: Family Vacation, and this reunion looks like it’s going to be bonkers.


But while most of the cast was begging MTV to make this happen, Sammi Sweetheart isn’t even going to show up.


Why?



Sammi Giancola took to Instagram to explain her reasoning.


“I have chosen not to join the show this season because I am at a completely different place in my life right now focusing on my businesses and relationship.”


Her statement continues to emphasize that, like many of her castmates, she is in a different stage of her life than she was when she first attained stardom.


“I am not the same person as I was when I was 22. At 31.”


And she says something cryptic that many fans found to be alarming.


“I am currently extremely happy in every aspect of my life and want to avoid potentially TOXIC SITUATIONS.”


Whoa!






But, despite dropping the word “toxic,” it sounds like she’s not trying to bash anyone.


“However, it was a difficult decision as I love my roomies.”


She announces what she’ll be doing instead of Jersey Shore: Family Vacation.


“I’ve decided to focus on me, my future and what truly makes me happy.”


And she makes it clear that she holds no ill will.


“I will forever be grateful to ‘Jersey Shore’ and everything it has brought to me!”


We have to wonder if the “toxic” situation to which she referred was the party atmosphere or reality television itself, not the people.



She explains why she’s left reality stardom behind.


“I’ve just decided to live my life for me these days.”


And she gives a big shoutout to everyone who’s been part of her life.


“Also I am forever grateful & thankful for all of you!!!”


She singles out her fans in particular.


“Special shoutout to my fans, but I’m not going anywhere! Follow me and stay tuned, you never know what I could be up to NEXT!”



After posting that, Sammi wrote in the captions:


“I love you guys! Thank you all so much for your DMs, comments, messages & kind words.”


She says that they really do mean a lot to her.


“I read them all and am forever grateful and thankful for you guys!!”


And she got support in the comments from none other than JWoww’s husband, Roger Matthews, who wrote:


“Lots of respect for this as I said to you. Minus the money I see absolutely zero benefits to participating. You look happy and at peace. Stay blessed.”






Matthews did clear up that he wasn’t condemning his wife or anyone else:


“Different circumstances for different households. My wife is a grown adult and can make her own choices. Very proud of the businesswoman and mother my wife has become.”


He sounds like a very supportive husband.


“I would never tell my wife what she can and can’t do. Free will should always prevail. I wasn’t aware of what the show would be.”


In his mind, Jersey Shore: Family Vacation was going to be something very different.


“I thought the powers that be might want to show a new side to them. A mature side with [families] and children.”


That is adorably naive.


“I was wrong but to be clear I love my wife very much. Drama sells. I get it. Just not my thing anymore.”



It sounds like Sammi’s former castmates aren’t really clear on why she decided to opt out.


But Pauly D tells TooFab his theory:


“She must be rich! Maybe she doesn’t need the money. I’m trying to think about it, like, maybe she’s rich? I don’t know. We wanted everybody to do it.”


Honestly, most people would assume that anyone who would turn up their nose at a reality TV gig must be wealthy enough that they just don’t need money.



ReadMore…