Monday, April 9, 2018

Kenya Moore: Pregnant with First Child! At Age 47!

The Real Housewives of Atlanta reunited on stage last night.


The major news to come out of this Bravo special was the bombshell that Kenya Moore’s egg was recently united with Marc Daly’s sperm, however.


That’s right… the veteran reality star is pregnant!



Moore, who is 47 years old, made this unexpected and exciting confirmation early on the Real Housewives reunion special Sunday evening.


“We will definitely be welcoming a boy or girl in late this year,” Moore said in response to a question from host Andy Cohen, adding:


“Oh my God, I said that! I don’t want to talk about the details because I’m still very nervous about everything so I want to get past a safe place.”


Moore’s co-stars seemed legitimately stunned by the news.


It was a rare example of candor and of natural reactions on a reality TV program, culminating in a round of applause from everyone


After receiving congratulations, Kenya said she simply wants “a healthy baby.” The gender is unimportant.



Moore and Daly got married last June in St. Lucia.


The wedding came as a total surprise both to fans and also to Bravo producers.


There was actually chatter shortly afterward that Kenya would be fired because she didn’t give the show a chance to film her wedding.


But here she still is, fulfilling a goal Kenya said she and her husband discussed from the beginning.


“We both want to start a family and soon – like, right away,” Moore told People Magazine last summer. “We both want a child.”


In December, amid reports that she was pregnant, Kenya told Us Weekly:


“Let’s just say that we definitely want to have a child. I’m not opposed to treatments, so I wouldn’t be ashamed of that. Let’s just hope in the next year we will see some results from whatever I’m doing.”


So we guess this news really should not have come as a shock after all.



Added the 47-year old at the time, first about herself:


“Everyone tells me I will be an amazing mom because I’m very nurturing and I’m very patient. Look how I am with my little puppies.


“I treat them like they will break. I spoil my little puppy babies. Everyone says I will be a great mom and I’m hoping I will be too.”


And then about Daly:


“He wants to be the kind of father that is really involved. He dreams of driving a minivan. I’m like, who dreams of driving a minivan? He’s so excited. I think it’s cute.


“The minivan or a Ferrari? Minivan might attract housewives, real housewives, and a Ferrari might attract the wrong type of women who might think he’s single.”


The Real Housewives of Atlanta airs on Bravo Sundays at 8/7c.


Click on the video below to watch The Real Housewives of Atlanta online and see Kenya’s big announcement for yourself:



ReadMore…