Friday, April 20, 2018

Avicii Dies: Swedish DJ and Musician Was 28

Sad news out of the music world today, as several sources have now confirmed that the wildly popular Swedish DJ and music producer known as Avicii has passed away.


The artist – whose real name was Tim Berling – was just 28 years old.



“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii,” reads a publicist’s statement issued moments ago.


“He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.” 


A two-time Grammy nominee, Avicii scored a number of international hits during his tragically foreshortened career.


He is best known for making music that transcended the world of EDM to achieve mainstream success on Top 40 radio, as well as in film and television soundtracks.



Songs such as “Wake Me Up,” “Hey, Brother,” and “Without You,” helped make Avicii one of the most revered performers in his genre


No cause of death has been announced, but Avicii’s health issues and struggles with alcoholism have been well-documented over the years.


In 2016, he retired from performing live in order to focus on his health, but in an online message to fans, Avicii stated that he felt he had many years of making music to look forward to:


“WE ALL REACH A POINT IN OUR LIVES AND CAREERS WHERE WE UNDERSTAND WHAT MATTERS THE MOST TO US,” he wrote.


“For me it’s creating music. That is what I live for, what I feel I was born to do.”



“Last year I quit performing live, and many of you thought that was it. But the end of live never meant the end of Avicii or my music. Instead, I went back to the place where it all made sense – the studio.


“The next stage will be all about my love of making music to you guys. It is the beginning of something new.”


News of Avicii’s death instantly made his name a worldwide trending topic on Twitter with tributes pouring in from friends, family, and fans all over the globe.


Many have quoted one of Avicii’s most beloved songs, “The Nights,” which begins with a recording of a young man saying:


“When I die, I want to be remembered for the life I lived, not the money I made.”



ReadMore…