Saturday, April 21, 2018

Kevin McHale Comes Out as Gay, Cites Ariana Grande as Inspiration

Kevin McHale has an announcement to make.


And a singer to thank.



The 29-year old actor, best known for having played the role of Artie Abrams throughout the duration of Glee on Fox, took to Twitter on Friday and confirmed his homosexuality.


The star says he’s gay.


And he’s provided an unexpected shout-out to Ariana Grande for giving him the confidence to make this declaration.


“#NoTearsLeftToCry is gayer than me and I ACCEPT. Ty @ArianaGrande,” McHale Tweeted this afternoon, adding:


“I’d like to request a remix with @JanetJackson. ty for ur time. @ArianaGrande.”


Fans and television viewers have speculated about McHale’s personal life and sexual preference ever since he started sharing pictures of himself with someone on social media.


Someone many presumed to be his boyfriend, that is.




Kevin McHale announces


McHale did not reference this individual or this cause for speculation in his post.


But he did express his affection for Grande’s new single on his Instagram Story.


“There goes my life,” he captioned a screenshot of the song.


“No Tears Left to Cry” is the first track released by Grande since the Manchester bombing last year.


The young artist was on stage in May when an explosive was detonated near the exits of Manchester Arena in England, killing over 20 concert attendees.


“Ain’t got no tears in my body/I ran out, but boy, I like it, I like it, I like it,” she sings in the single, adding in the chorus:


Right now, I’m in a state of mind/I wanna be in, like, all the time.


Ain’t got no tears left to cry/ So I’m pickin’ it up, pickin’ it up (oh yeah).


I’m lovin’, I’m livin’, I’m pickin’ it up.



McHale, meanwhile, has been showered with love and praise on social media since the tweet that announced his sexuality.


“Y’all have no clue how much I am living for this coming out if that’s what it is,” one fan tweeted.


Another added: “No heartfelt speeches, just normalcy. Isn’t it refreshing?”


McHale played AIDS activist Bobbi Campbell in the ABC miniseries “When We Rise.”


Prior to Glee, he had appeared on episodes of The Office, True Blood and Zoey 101.


We salute McHale for coming out, as he’s now joined the following celebrities that have made similar announcements over the years:



UPDATE: We’ve learned that McHale’s rumored boyfriend is actor Austin McKenzie.


He also had a role in “When We Rise.”


ReadMore…