Thursday, July 19, 2018

Wendy Williams: I Deserve an Emmy More than ANYONE!!

There’s no better talk show host in the business than Wendy Williams … according to Wendy Williams.


So when the 2018 Emmy Award nominees were announced and Wendy received a whopping zero nominations, she was totally perplexed.


She just can’t understand how someone could watch her show and not shower her with accolades.



In an interview with Elle, Wendy Williams questions why she wasn’t nominated for an Emmy for her talk show.


“Who’s a better talk show host?!” Wendy asks.


We don’t think that she’s looking for answers; she would probably be offended by suggestions. She is asking this rhetorically.


“Don’t have one! Don’t have one!” Wendy insists. “Will probably never get one.”


“But it’s okay,” Wendy says. “You know why? Because I’ve got the power of the people.”


She means that her show is watched by many people, which she — despite her disbelief over a lack of nominations — values more than she values an award.



“This show is exactly what I would be watching if I [weren’t] doing it,” Wendy says. “There’s nothing out there forced.”


True. But, as many people, even those who watch top-notch scripted shows that were snubbed, have noticed, your average awards show voters are not the same as your average viewer.


“I do the show from a place of good,” Wendy says. “With a kind heart. And nobody to pay my bills. I can’t get slick.”


Some would question how that part about a kind heart could be true, since Wendy mostly seems to revel in the misery of the rich and famous.


“I need this job. I didn’t grow up rich,” Wendy says. “I like it here on TV. With finery.”



“I’m saying what I think,” Wendy says, defending the things that she says on television. “What I think, a lot of people think. They’re just too afraid to say it.”


That sounds an awful lot like what certain demographics said about Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign.


Not everyone’s first thought is the worst possible thing that they could say.


Admittedly, sometimes, Wendy does speak the truth.


At other times, though, she says ridiculous things that no reasonable person with the facts would ever believe.


We’re talking about a woman who had the audacity to accuse Britney Spears of being a bad mother just months ago. Absurd.



Wendy also spoke on her show about her birthday.


“When you turn 54,” Wendy says. “A lot of times you don’t have a lot of people around you that you used to know or the people that nurtured you to get to that age do you know what I mean?”


“So,” Wendy announces. “My mom and dad are here, my best friend flew in from California. She’s in the office on my couch laying back.” 


“My sister Wanda is coming,” Wendy says. “Our son, Kevin, he’s 17 and he’s in Chicago now on business.”


Some are kind of at a loss to think of what sort of business a 17-year-old could possibly have, unless he’s looking at colleges.


“You look for the things that make you happy,” Wendy says. “It’s not about gifts after a certain age.”


Wendy Williams is estimated to have a net worth of about $ 60 million. So … we’re not sure what her family could possibly buy her.



Also speaking on her show, Wendy says that she’s very happy in her relationship.


“My husband and I still hold hands,” Wendy reveals. “And we love each other very, very much.”


Less than a year ago, Wendy Williams stood by her husband amidst ugly cheating rumors.


“I turned a messy little radio career into this mess,” Wendy says. “I feel very, very happy.”


Well, she’s successful, so she should be happy.


But … being happy and having a show that deserves an Emmy are not the same thing. Though the shows most deserving of awards are not always nominated.



ReadMore…