Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Glenn Weiss Wins Emmy, PROPOSES ON STAGE!

Barry, Game of Thrones and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel all had big nights at the 2018 Emmy Awards.


But no one had a bigger night than Glenn Weiss.


First, the heretofore little known director won Outstanding Directing for a Variety Special due to his work at the Academy Awards.


Then, he won the eternal love of girlfriend Jan Svendsen.



After hearing his name called, Weiss walked up to the stage and he thanked his daughters and friends at ABC. The acceptance started out as your typical speech.


From there, he started speak about his mother, who died just two weeks ago, telling the audience:


“Part of my heart is broken. I don’t think it will ever be repaired. But she’s in me and she always will be."


Weiss explained how his mother always believed in “finding the sunshine,” leading him to denote Svensen as “the sunshine in my life," as he continued:


"And Mom was right, don’t ever let go of your sunshine. You wonder why I don’t like to call you my girlfriend? Because I want to call you my wife."


At this word, the crowd erupted in a loud cheer and Svensen shouted "yes."


It really was an awesome moment.



Svendsen was quickly ushered up to the stage by Milo Ventimiglia and a few other stars until she reached the arms of Weiss.


As she was walking up, he joked that “I didn’t ask yet. I didn’t ask yet."


But once she was in front of him, Weiss pulled out his dad"s engagement ring and got down on one knee.


"Jan, I want to put this ring that my mom wore on your finger in front of all these people and in front of my mom and your parents watching from above. Will you marry me?" he asked.


And you can guess how she responded, right?



By saying YES!


Later on, backstage, the newly-engaged couple told reporters how they met 10 years ago and both have daughters and both produce television shows and how Jan had no idea this was going to happen.


“I had no suspicions whatsoever, I had no idea,” she said. “I really hoped he was going to dedicate the award to his mother, and he did, and then some.”


Really beautiful stuff.


Check out video of the proposal here!


Glenn weiss wins emmy proposes on stage
ReadMore…