Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Kristin Cavallari: I Was "A Mess" and Unhappy On Laguna Beach

Full disclosure, this girl had me completely fooled.



Kristin Cavallari acted like she was THE SH– throughout the entire series, and I remember being envious of some SoCal blond who was four years my junior.


Cavallari basically created the attitude,”Zero F–ks Given,” and her high school experience played out like a movie.


I thought she was a total attention whore, but I also loved how much fun she always seemed to have.


It turns out this was a case of “careful what you wish for,” because Cavallari recently admitted that she was completely miserable on Laguna Beach.


The former reality star told Momtastic that the show “was really our lives being manipulated by being put in situations we never would have been in normally.”


“It’s funny because on Laguna Beach I came off like the person who really had my sh*t together but I was a mess–like most teenagers,” Cavallari admitted.


“I was really unhappy.  There’s a saying that you have to learn to love yourself before anyone else can love you, and it’s very true.”


Cavallari didn’t appear on reality TV again until a few years later, when The Hills came a-callin.’


“I looked at it strictly as a job,” Cavallari explained.


“We filmed three different scenes, three days a week. I had my life on-camera and a completely different life off-camera.”


Having learned a few things from Laguna, Cavallari was prepared.


“I knew the character they wanted me to play, and this time I was game. Since I looked at it as a job, it was fun to play up the villain character.”


These days, Cavallari lives in Chicago with her husband, Chicago Bears quarterback, Jay Cutler.  They have three kids together – sons Camden and Jaxon and three-month daughter, Saylor.


Next month, Cavallari releases her first book, Balancing In Heels, a mix of how-tos and stories from her own life.


“This is the first time I’ve ever been this raw and real,” Cavallari, who was recently involved in a car accident, said.