Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Ronda Rousey: I Nearly Killed Myself Last Year

Back in December, Ronda Rousey opened up about losing to Holly Holm for her first-ever defeat in the UFC.


But now Rousey has opened WAY up to Ellen DeGeneres.


The fighter, who covers this month"s Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition, tells the talk show host below that she reached the lowest point one can reach in the moments after her November loss.


Rousey says she thought about killing herself.


"Honestly… I was in the medical room and I was down in the corner," Rousey tells Ellen in the following clip.


"I was sitting in the corner like, What am I anymore if I’m not this? And I was literally sitting there and thinking about killing myself and that exact second."


Rousey had made her reputation as the most unstoppable force in the entire UFC… and she had just been stopped a few minutes earlier.


"I’m like "I’m nothing … what do I do anymore and no one gives a sh*t about me anymore without this," Rousey added to explain how she felt at that moment.


So, what pulled Rousey out of this very dark place?


"To be honest I looked up and I saw my man [UFC fighter Travis Browne] was standing up there and I looked up at him and I was like, "I need to have his babies I need to stay alive." Really that was it."


Hey, whatever it takes.


We"re glad Rousey put this terrible thought way out of her head… and we can"t wait to meet her children!


Ronda rousey considered suicide after losing to holly holm