Sunday, February 26, 2017

Neil Fingleton Dies: Game of Thrones Actor Was 36

The sad news keeps coming this weekend — just as we’ve learned of beloved actor Bill Paxton’s death, we’re learning another star has also passed away.


Neil Fingleton, an actor whose work was featured on shows like Game of Thrones and Doctor Who, has died.



He was only 36 years old, and the cause of death has been listed as heart failure.


In addition to his acting, Neil was known for one other thing: at 7’7″, he was one of the tallest men in the world. In 2007, he was officially named the Tallest Man in Britain.


In an interview with the Guinness book of World Records in 2007, he explained that “I have always been taller than everyone since I remember.”


“My height really took off when I reached 11 and was touching 7 foot. By the time I was 16, I was 7-foot-5 and stopped growing at 18 when I was 7-foot-7.56.”



But he said that while he was undoubtedly the tallest person in nearly any room, “I have never been self conscious about my height. I am more conscious of going bald so that should tell you.”


“I never let my height play a negative part in my life,” he went on. “I always do what I want.”


Born in England, he came to the U.S. to play college basketball for the University of North Carolina and the College of the Holy Cross in Massachusetts.


After graduating, he went on to play professional basketball in several countries, including England, Spain, Italy, Greece, and China.



But it wasn’t too long before he returned home to England to begin his acting career.


Neil had roles in movies like X-Men: First Class, 47 Ronin, and Jupiter Ascending. He was also the motion capture actor for Ultron in Avengers: Age of Ultron.


Though he was perhaps best known for his television roles.


He played the Fisher King on Doctor Who, and Mag the Mighty in Game of Thrones.



Both shows have huge fan bases, so it should go without saying that his fans are mourning him right now.


“RIP Neil Fingleton,” one fan wrote. “A real life giant and a badass one on TV.”


Another wrote “So sad. Just wanted you fall in #gameofthrones season 6, only to read of your death online. 36 with achievements.”


Fellow Game of Thrones actor Ian Whyte tweeted “Very sad to hear of the tragic passing of Neil Fingleton. He followed his dreams. Rest in peace.”


Our condolences to his friends and family.



ReadMore…