Monday, February 20, 2017

Angelina Jolie Gives First Interview About Brad Pitt Divorce!

To say that Angelina Jolie has had a rough few months would be a major understatement.


She filed for divorce from her longtime love, Brad Pitt, after a suspicious incident, and since then, she’s been widely perceived to be the bad guy in the split.



Brad has stated in court documents that he believes she’s exploiting their children to get ahead in the custody battle, and reports claim that she’s had multiple meltdowns recently.


But this weekend, Angelina sat down for an interview with BBC World News. And for the first time, she’s opening up about the divorce.


And she sounds pretty reasonable and level-headed to us.


About the divorce itself, she said “i don’t want to say very much about that, except to say it was a very difficult time and … and we are a family and we will always be a family, and we will get through this time and hopefully be a stronger family for it.



“Many, many people find themselves in this situation,” she went on. “My whole, my family … we’ve all been through a difficult time.”


“My focus is my children, our children … and my focus is finding this way through. We are and forever will be a family. I am coping with finding a way through to make sure that this somehow makes us stronger and closer.”


She said that “It’s been a difficult few months,” but “Right now, I’m going through a moment when just everybody’s in my room. Two dogs, two hamsters and two children at the moment. It’s wonderful.”


“But, usually, I just wake up trying to figure out who’s going to get the dog out, who’s doing to start the pancakes and did anybody brush their teeth.”


Then Angelina was asked about where she saw herself in five years, and she joked “At this stage, I hope I’m just standing.”



In five years, her six children will range in age from 20 years old to 13, so yeah, we imagine “just standing” is a pretty reasonable goal.


She continued “In five years’ time I would like to be traveling around the world visiting my children, hoping that they’re just happy and doing really interesting things, and I imagine in many different parts of the world, and I’ll be supporting them.”


“Everything I do I hope is that I represent something, and I represent the right things to my children, and give them the right sense of what they’re capable of, and the world as it should be seen.”


“Not through the prism of Hollywood,” she said, “or through a certain kind of life, but really take them into the world, where they have a really good sense and become rounded people.”



So Angelina sounds pretty good, right? Not at all like the unhinged woman we’ve been hearing about in the tabloids.


And thank goodness for that.



ReadMore…