Monday, August 28, 2017

Pink Just Sent the Most Inspiring Message of All at the VMAs

Pink didn"t merely take home the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at last night"s MTV VMAs.


Nor did she merely perform a medley of her most beloved singles.


The superstar solo artist stole the entire show with an acceptance speech that was raw, honest, inspiring and truly from the heart.



After being introduced by good friend Ellen DeGeneres. The 37-year-old pop star used her time at the microphone to share an empowering story about her six-year-old daughter, Willow.


And it all started because Willow told her mom she was "ugly" because she looked like a "boy."


Instead of getting angry, however, Pink responded to this problem by taking action.


She explains below how she compiled a PowerPoint presentation of "androgynous rock stars and artists that live their truth, are probably made fun of every day of their life, and carry on and wave their flag and inspire the rest of us."


Among those she selected and named: Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Annie Lennox, Prince, Janis Joplin, George Michael and Elton John.


"When people make fun of me, that"s what they use,"" Pink said she told her child. "I look like a boy … I have too many opinions … My body is too strong."



She then asked her toddler:


"Do you see me growing my hair? … Do you see me changing my body? … Do you see me selling out arenas all over the world?"


The crowd rightfully applauded along as Pink ran through this series of questions.


"We don"t change," Pink concluded. "We take gravel in a shell and we make a pearl, and we help other people to change. … You, my darling girl, are beautiful and I love you."


Amazing. 



"I am shooketh. I am dead. I am crying. She"s iconic," said host Katy Perry after Pink wrapped up.


We absolutely agree.


Watch the full speech below:


Pink sends inspiring message to daughter women around the world
ReadMore…