Monday, February 26, 2018

Kevin Smith Suffers "Massive Heart Attack," Receives Support From Fans

Scary news from one of Hollywood’s most beloved filmmakers.


Kevin Smith revealed to fans last night that he’s been hospitalized after suffering a near-fatal heart attack.



“After the first show this evening, I had a massive heart attack,” Smith tweeted, along with the image above.


“The Doctor who saved my life told me I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery (aka “the Widow-Maker”). If I hadn’t canceled show 2 to go to the hospital, I would’ve died tonight. But for now, I’m still above ground!”


Smith was filming a standup comedy special at Alex Theatre in Glendale, California the night of the incident.


His cardiac event apparently took place sometime between the 6 pm and 9 pm shows.


Sources say Smith “felt ill” following his early show and was taken to a nearby hospital.



Smith got his start in the industry with the influential, self-financed cult comedy Clerks in 1994.


He’s worked non-stop in the decades since, most recently helming the feature Yoga Hosers and an episode of the CW series The Flash.


A new season of Smith’s reality series, Comic Book Men, premiered on AMC last night.


Back in 2015, Smith lost 85 pounds and stated that he believed he was in the best shape of his life.


News of Smith’s heart attack quickly made him a trending topic on Twitter, where fans and a legion of famous friends pid tribute:



“Kevin we don’t know each other too good but I have loved you since Clerks and I’m praying my ass off for you cause I believe in the healing power of prayer. Can you please pray with me people!?” tweeted Chris Pratt.


“Fans of Kevin Smith please take comfort he is in a good hospital with great doctors but if he needs 2nd or 3rd opinions from the worlds finest cardiologists we’ve got him covered too,” wrote Tom Arnold.


Sources close to Smith say that the filmmaker is resting comfortably and eager to begin the long recovery process.


Our thoughts go out to Smith and his family during this difficult time.


ReadMore…