Thursday, April 12, 2018

Catelynn Lowell Addresses Haters: Mental Illness Does NOT Make Me a Bad Mom!

Over the course of the past 18 months, Catelynn Lowell has checked into rehab three times.


Sadly, she’s taken a fair bit of flak from insensitive fans as a result of her struggles with mental illness.




While it certainly wasn’t her intention when she first decided to seek help, Catelynn has become a sort of spokesperson for young mothers struggling with mental health issues.


Most have applauded Lowell for her willingness to share her struggle with Teen Mom OG fans.


But as is always the case in 2018, haters have come out of the woodwork with the apparent goal of raining on Lowell’s parade.


Fortunately, Cate has no patience for their trash-talk:


“You’re not the only parent struggling with mental health issues,” a Twitter user wrote this week.



“I am a single parent with mental health issues BUT, I still have to provide for my family and be there when my children need me.”


Catelynn was quick to clap back by pointing out that in seeking treatment, she was doing what was best for her family:


“I wasn’t ‘running away from my problems. I was FIXING them! Working HARD & getting on the right medication,” she tweeted.


“I wouldn’t wish this crap on my worst enemy! But I guess I’ll have haters no matter what! Just glad I got myself better and if ppl r mad then be mad I guess.”  


Catelynn further confirmed that her health is on the upswing these days by posting the photo below on Instagram:



“I love you so much!!!” she captioned the pic, in apparent tribute to her husband, Tyler Baltierra.


“And for all you haters vows say —in SICKNESS and in health . . . remember that . . . Because this man has done that for me beyond what could imagine.”


We’re sure Catelyn understands the frustrations of moms who are struggling but can’t afford in-patient treatment.


But at the end of the day, she’s making no apologies for taking steps to ensure her own health and the happiness of her husband and daughter.


Watch Teen Mom OG online for more of Catelynn’s courageous struggle.



ReadMore…